New Firmware for Zumo XT

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Rofor
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 56 times
Austria

Re: New Firmware for Zumo XT

Post by Rofor »

Yes, the way to roll back to a older firmware is well-known here - but there is one problem with it: Since the 5.xx firmwares Garmin connects a map update with a must-have of the latest firmware!

If you have an older firmware on the Zumo XT and there is an map update, you'll automatically get also the latest firmware - so no chance to 'escape' this behavior if you want to use the latest maps...
Bye, Robert :)
(Actual: Tiger 800 XRx (2016), Garmin zumo XT, Cardo PackTalk, Nolan N70-2GT)
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 213 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Raf wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:43 pm
Stu wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:21 pm Updated with no issues at all
Have you updated with GE?

Yes

I always do
raza
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 7 times
Slovenia

Post by raza »

Rofor wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:52 am Yes, the way to roll back to a older firmware is well-known here - but there is one problem with it: Since the 5.xx firmwares Garmin connects a map update with a must-have of the latest firmware!

If you have an older firmware on the Zumo XT and there is an map update, you'll automatically get also the latest firmware - so no chance to 'escape' this behavior if you want to use the latest maps...
Reinstalling the Update is then no longer a problem because it downloads a couple of other updates at the same time and everything works OK.
My experience ...
Raf
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times
Italy

Post by Raf »

:( But will Garmin one day be able to produce an update without problems?
steve1960
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by steve1960 »

I did the update on my XT,then yesterday i lead a short ride,for some reason the nave wouldn’t talk to my helmet Bluetooth,i unpaired & then repaired both gadgets,all ok now🥺

Steve
Steve

Garmin Zumo XT

Honda Forza 750 DCT👍
Rofor
Austria

Post by Rofor »

raza wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:41 am Reinstalling the Update is then no longer a problem because it downloads a couple of other updates at the same time and everything works OK.
My experience ...
Ah, i misunderstood you! I thought you will skip this update, because of its problems... ;)

But it takes me only about ten minutes to get my Zumo XT back with all my settings after a reset (if you don't care about losing the saved trip data - for me no problem as all driven tracks are saved in Basecamp):
Selfmade POIs stay in the Zumo, map themes and vehicles are not deleted with a reset, they only have to be applied again. Favorites are saved on the sdcard of the zumo, so i only had to re-import them. Smartphone & headset are quickly paired again - and all other settings on the Zumo are also applied very fast again - a 10-minutes-work, as i said before, so for me no problem and faster than going back to an older firmware and than update again...

And another thing - those additional updates where installed for me after(!) i've updated to 6.40 and connected again to GE! Those where five files (language file, keyboard language, user manual, traffic text, proximity text) - i don't think these files caused that problem...
Raf
Been liked: 3 times
Italy

Post by Raf »

What improvements with V. 6.40?
Rofor
Austria

Post by Rofor »

Post #3 on the first page of this Thread...
wjbertrand
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Post by wjbertrand »

I noticed mine automatically doing the update when I returned from a ride as I pulled into the garage and the wifi reconnected. It said something about a map update too? It seems like it only took a few minutes to complete and I luckily have not has the freezing/locking up when touching the 3 dots on the map screen.
-Jeff-
Ventura, CA
V650
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time
Ireland

Post by V650 »

Updated mine yesterday without the 3 dot issue via Garmin express
But I reset afterwards anyway just to be sure
I re paired to the phone and the Helmet Bluetooth
Went for a ride afterwards and seems to be working ok no issues playing music and voice directions paused the music and resumed afterwards as expected