Poor Bluetooth Quality

Got any questions about Audio, Headsets and Earplugs then please use this section.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Re: Poor Bluetooth Quality

Post by Stu »

DiavelDes wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:31 am
jfheath wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:03 pm You have to use BT with the Zumo XT. I have found it to be very clear. - providing the BT devices are clear of the rear of the bike, where the ECU is located. It interferes with the reception very badly.
I get it crystal clear some times and crackly others, can be in the same day.
Thats the reason why I go through the phone rather than the zumo it is hit and miss :?
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

I haven't found it to be hit and miss - once I had realised that the ECU was causing problems.
I also used to have my phone plugged into the USB socket in my top box - but that would occasionally disconnect.
No such problems if it is further forward on the bike.

My BTM-03 Bluetooth transmitter / receiver is located under the dash near the headlights now.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

jfheath wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:45 pm I haven't found it to be hit and miss - once I had realised that the ECU was casuing problems.
I also used to have my phone plugged into the USB socket in my top box - but that would occasionally disconnect.

My BTM-03 Bluetooth transmitter / receiver is located under the dash near the headlights now.
I have my phone mounted to my handle bars and the sat nav directly in front on me so not a lot between them

Although this was with the previous XT I haven't tried with the replacement one

I will also test away from the bike when I have chance so no interference at all
DiavelDes
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Post by DiavelDes »

jfheath wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:45 pm I haven't found it to be hit and miss - once I had realised that the ECU was casuing problems.

I've had the issue over 2 different bikes and 2 different Bluetooth headsets from different manufacturers Cardo and Sena.
DevonBiker
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by DevonBiker »

DO NOT BUY! Very poor quality audio instructions via Bluetooth. I have a Sena which was made to factor fit my Shoei helmet. MP3 playback is hit and miss. Audio quality is “ok” but as soon as Garmin interrupts your music with instructions it’s absolutely diabolical. I have to turn off the navigation volume because it’s that bad. If I were to get the KTM MyRide to navigate me the quality to my headset is on par with Google or Waze but Garmin are miles behind the quality their sat navs need to be. Both my phone and Sat nav are mounted opposite ends of my handlebars. I won’t buy again from Garmin until they sort this out.