Entering address for navigation

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
casbar
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Entering address for navigation

Post by casbar »

New to the xt but have owned BMW Nav v and vi. Tried to enter an address yesterday direct into the xt. So selected address, found town, then as I didn’t have an exact address, pressed done to skip house number, :D but when I got to stret name, there was no option to press done. You had to enter a street name. Now unless I’m mad, I thought you could just skip this on my previous navs and it would just take you to the centre of the town. Haven’t got my BMW navs to test this theory. Reason I was trying to do this is, changed my mind on route and just wanted to divert to another town, but didn’t know a post code or street names. Whilst on a roll, is there a way to get a cancel route button on the main mapping screen when following a route rather than having to hit the 3 dashes menu button on the bottom left
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Re: Entering address for navigation

Post by jfheath »

On the screen before, underneath the edit box where it invites you to Enter the house name - there is a bar that contains some links.
One of them is 'Go To (the town name you entered)'.

It is hidden in plain sight.
Because your eye is drawn to the prompt to enter a house number - you don't see it. I know it is there, yet I still miss it on occasions.
The same bar is used in other situations when there is more than one option, and it can be scrolled left-right.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
casbar
Great Britain

Post by casbar »

Thanks, obvious now you have pointed it out 😂. As u say hidden in plain sight.
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Post by simoncrewe »

Casbar, were you aware that the XT works really well with 'What3Words'.
You look up the address on the app on your smartphone, then share it to the XT via the 'Garmin Drive' app.
It sends the location direct to the XT, and the unit starts navigating automatically.
I find it really accurate when visiting venues / locations where there is no distinct address, outside sports events in particular.
casbar
Great Britain

Post by casbar »

Thanks, no I wasn’t aware. Still learning. Thanks for the tip 👍