Temperature units

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Zumouser34
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Temperature units

Post by Zumouser34 »

Oop North John wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:47 pm
Fxwheels wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:15 pm I'm not sure what Drive app you're talking about. Garmin connects to a smartphone via Smartphone Link app which is just a bare link to your phone. The temperature itself is coming to the nav from what you use on your phone (same way as the txt msges, traffic...).
The Zumo XT uses drive, see this page in the manual and select the temperature icon link: https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp ... A2CA0.html

Smartphone link is for older Garmin GPS's: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n_GB&gl=US
Already tried that. It just opens up the weather forecast page in Fahrenheit.
Zumouser34
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Zumouser34 »

Stu wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:07 pm I have just gone on mine to try and find the answer and I cannot see any settings whatsoever on drive or the XT

Changing from miles to KM didn't alter it either

Mine is set to mines and the temp shows Celsius not sure where it gets that info from!
It’s quite frustrating! No reply from Garmin yet.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 213 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

I think your locale is set wrong

https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=J ... qnnv8wwip8

The unit of temperature displayed on your device will depend on the temperature scale used by the Country your device is set to. You have the option to set the device to a different locale in order to change the temperature scale between Fahrenheit and Celsius.

You can change the locale without a full restore
Richard_R
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times
New Zealand

Post by Richard_R »

On my XT there seems to be a global setting adjustment for either metric or imperial measurements.
Miles/km can be selected in Settings/Units & Time/Units. I do not need to change the country setting. I can pick either miles or km, If I pick miles I get F for temp. If I pick km I get C for temp.
Fxwheels
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
United States of America

Post by Fxwheels »

Stu wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:34 pm I think your locale is set wrong

The unit of temperature displayed on your device will depend on the temperature scale used by the Country your device is set to. You have the option to set the device to a different locale in order to change the temperature scale between Fahrenheit and Celsius.

If that's true than it's lame. I'm in the US and can use C or F (and independently of mi/km setting). But the XT is depending on a locale?? In other words for Europe locations it'll say C and in the US - F? Hmm, Duno
Stu
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Fxwheels wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:43 pm
Stu wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:34 pm I think your locale is set wrong

If that's true than it's lame. I'm in the US and can use C or F (and independently of mi/km setting). But the XT is depending on a locale?? In other words for Europe locations it'll say C and in the US - F? Hmm, Duno
Blame the Americans! they created it! Oh hang on :lol:

I agree if thats the case its a bit crap really
Stu
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Richard_R wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:38 pm On my XT there seems to be a global setting adjustment for either metric or imperial measurements.
Miles/km can be selected in Settings/Units & Time/Units. I do not need to change the country setting. I can pick either miles or km, If I pick miles I get F for temp. If I pick km I get C for temp.
Maybe when the locale is set to UK we don't get that option?
Fxwheels
United States of America

Post by Fxwheels »

Stu wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:34 pm If that's true than it's lame. I'm in the US and can use C or F (and independently of mi/km setting). But the XT is depending on a locale?? In other words for Europe locations it'll say C and in the US - F? Hmm, Duno
Blame the Americans! they created it! Oh hang on :lol:
[/quote]
Yeah, I know they still live in the past: yards, feet, temps, quarts, ounces, pounds, and don't let me start on fractions measurement :)
Stu
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

I have just changed my locale to New Zeeland and when I changed between miles and kilometres the temp changed between the two

But put the locale back to UK and I only get Celsius
Fxwheels
United States of America

Post by Fxwheels »

Stu wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:50 pm Maybe when the locale is set to UK we don't get that option?
Because of Brexit? :)
Sorry, J/K. Couldn't help it :)