XT Insists that I follow original Route, rather than calculate a new one.

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
jfheath
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 281 times
Great Britain

Re: XT Insists that I follow original Route, rather than calculate a new one.

Post by jfheath »

Oop North John wrote: 16 Jan 2022 20:47 Sounds very similar what happened to me over the weekend where the routing was making no sense if you didn't follow the planned route.
Thanks @Oop North John

Just to be certain - was this a 'normal' route or one that has been created from a track using the 'Convert to a Trip' facility.
It seemed very odd when I first used that feature and deviated from the magenta line, but I think I can explain its behaviour now.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Oop North John
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

jfheath wrote: 17 Jan 2022 16:56
Oop North John wrote: 16 Jan 2022 20:47 Sounds very similar what happened to me over the weekend where the routing was making no sense if you didn't follow the planned route.
Thanks @Oop North John

Just to be certain - was this a 'normal' route or one that has been created from a track using the 'Convert to a Trip' facility.
It seemed very odd when I first used that feature and deviated from the magenta line, but I think I can explain its behaviour now.
It was a route created in Basecamp and sent to the XT by USB cable.

In the old days of the Streetpilot I remember it having 3 tries to get you back to the original route as it used less processing power, this was worse :(
jfheath
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 281 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Thanks John

I have a reply from Garmin. A link to a video and a web page. Sort of what I expected.

I've replied, but will follow up with a phone call. I'll update here as I get more info.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.