No visible maps after latest update

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
REHTony
Been liked: 1 time
Sweden

No visible maps after latest update

Post by REHTony »

After latest map update (CN Europe NTU 2022.20) yesterday no maps are visible on the screen. Not even my own installed OSM maps. They show up on MyMaps and are possible to select, but they are visible. Have reinstalled CN Europe maps through Garmin Express but still no visible maps. Do I have to reset the unit and start all over?
Garmin Zumo XT
Royal Enfield Himalayan
Sweden
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Re: No visible maps after latest update

Post by simoncrewe »

REHTony wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:31 am After latest map update (CN Europe NTU 2022.20) yesterday no maps are visible on the screen. Not even my own installed OSM maps. They show up on MyMaps and are possible to select, but they are visible. Have reinstalled CN Europe maps through Garmin Express but still no visible maps. Do I have to reset the unit and start all over?
Personally, I would do a factory reset & try to reinstall via Garmin Express.

If that does not work, you will need to contact support.

Good luck.
JohnnyRidesAlone
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Post by JohnnyRidesAlone »

I had this 6 months ago. I "think" it is a known fault but Garmin will not let on. Long story with Garmin support ended in a replacement unit.
Ducati Multistrada V4S and ST4s
Every zumo from 550 590 660 XT
Venzent
Has liked: 1 time
Netherlands

Post by Venzent »

Having the same issue, only "resolution" is remove 1 map, either CN All North (D6159190A.img) or CN All South (D6210190A.img) from the XT.
Only de-activating it doesn't work.
REHTony
Sweden

Post by REHTony »

Thanks for all advice. Tried reinstalling my maps with no success so I ended up doing a factory reset and then reinstalled maps with Garmin Express. Also had todo all bluetooth pairing with mobile and my helmet. Now the Zumo works again as it should. Wish Garmin updates were more foolproof and that it would be possible to restore a backup or reinstall an update with Garmin Express without having to do a full factory reset.

But to be more positive; it took about an hour to do the reset, getting maps back and do the bluetooth pairing so it was at least easy :-)

/Tony
Garmin Zumo XT
Royal Enfield Himalayan
Sweden
neilb
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by neilb »

This has just happened to me, not the first time with a Garmin nav over the years. I guess a factory reset and map reinstall is next. What a pain!
EDIT: I’ve just turned the device off by holding the button until the OFF screen appears. Powered it up and all is as should be with all maps available :D
REHTony
Sweden

Post by REHTony »

Happy for you that it did work :) I tried that too first with no success so a factory reset was needed. Hope Garmin will make it possible to backup and restore a working snapshot to avoid factory resets in the future. It's a great unit when it works but I wouldn't dare to do an update while out on an adventure when I have to depend on it fully.

(Sorry for my crappy english).

/Tony
Garmin Zumo XT
Royal Enfield Himalayan
Sweden
neilb
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by neilb »

No, REHTony, never be tempted to do an update if you’re about to head off on a long road-trip. Don’t ask me how I know :lol:
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 41 times
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

neilb wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:01 pm No, REHTony, never be tempted to do an update if you’re about to head off on a long road-trip. Don’t ask me how I know :lol:
I learnt that a long long time ago as well :oops:
REHTony
Sweden

Post by REHTony »

Yes I think I will be more careful in the future and apply the updates when I don't need to depend on the unit and have the time to do a reset if it's necessary :-)
Garmin Zumo XT
Royal Enfield Himalayan
Sweden