How to tell if ZumoXT is fully charged

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 44 times
Great Britain

Re: How to tell if ZumoXT is fully charged

Post by Oop North John »

I find one of these type of chargers useful to see how well something is charging / cable falling etc etc:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373969722007 ... R6K2ndLnYA
Crazyivan
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Post by Crazyivan »

cr0100 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:42 pm
Stu wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:47 pm Hi and welcome to the forum

Sometimes mine doesn't show fully charged but it is!

Press and hold the battery icon for around 5 - 10 seconds and a screen will open with a lot of info on and when plugged in it will tell you if its charged or charging
Is there any way to get out of that mode besides power-cycling the device?
Yes. Down at the bottom right of the screen are three boxes. They may lack text. The left Box exits. The middle box test graphic movement and screen input (touch capacitance appears as white dots. Third box test white balance. If you go into the middle box you wont get out unless you power off the unit; as best as Ive determined.
Aushiker
Has liked: 14 times
New Zealand

Post by Aushiker »

I have a new Zumo XT with SW ver. 6.50. I have it charging off a wall plug and these are the numbers I am getting. The Batt Current is peaking at ~ 38mA. Does this seem right? I am concerned as it appears to be losing charge sitting on the desk. I am pretty sure it was turned off, but I will check when it is charged.
PXL_20230202_105631401.jpg
PXL_20230202_105631401.jpg (336.14 KiB) Viewed 588 times
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 44 times
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

Aushiker wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:02 am I have a new Zumo XT with SW ver. 6.50. I have it charging off a wall plug and these are the numbers I am getting. The Batt Current is peaking at ~ 38mA. Does this seem right? I am concerned as it appears to be losing charge sitting on the desk. I am pretty sure it was turned off, but I will check when it is charged.
I don't know what the battery current should be, but when you're switching it off, are you doing it by pressing down the power button on the back and when the prompt shows, selecting "off"?
Aushiker
Has liked: 14 times
New Zealand

Post by Aushiker »

An update:

I charged the unit over night and this morning it was showing 90% battery capacity. I turned off the unit via the proper procedure, left the unit off for two hours and then turned it back on and the Battery Capacity is now showing 88%.

Would this be considered normal?

Regards
Andrew
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

cr0100 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:42 pm Is there any way to get out of that mode besides power-cycling the device?
See the bottom of this page - Test Pages:

app.php/ZXT-P84

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.