XT / Iphone11 - phone call support disabled

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Klincoln01
Great Britain

XT / Iphone11 - phone call support disabled

Post by Klincoln01 »

Hi all, hoping your collective wisdom can shed some light.

I have connected my IPhone 11 to my XT and all looked well. Also connected my Sena 10U to my Zumo. When I try and use the phone app on the Zumo to make a call I get the message that ‘phone call support is disabled and I should connect a headset’.

My Zumo shows my IPhone is connected and shows in blue a media connection icon but not the phone icon. I can play media mp3 from Zumo to headset no problems but, despite many attempts, I cannot seem to use the phone call functionality.

Any ideas gratefully received as it’s driving me nuts

Keef :oops:
axamax
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 10 times
Great Britain

Re: XT / Iphone11 - phone call support disabled

Post by axamax »

I don't have an Iphone so can't help on that aspect. If you haven't done so already delete all your bluetooth pairings on all devices (ie. phone zumo and headset.) and start fresh.
I know with the android phones the voice dialling stopped working and the workaround was to have the phone unlocked using smartlock, but you still have to unlock the phone once when they have paired.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Have you also got the phone connected to the headset?
copacetic
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by copacetic »

Delete the pairing between the phone and Sena and only pair the Sena to the XT. That should work.
electro_handyman
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 31 times
United States of America

Post by electro_handyman »

I know that when I was attempting to pair my Sena 10 to my XT, I had to pair the XT as a "phone" device(not a media device) on the Sena. Then it appeared as a headset to the XT unit and my phone worked fine thru the XT.

+1 on what others have said about remove all other pairing and start from scratch. BTDT.