Top line map display

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
oldwobbler
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Top line map display

Post by oldwobbler »

When I have a route running on my 595 the top line of the map gives warnings of up coming obstacles. For example it may say "school ahead" or "bends in 150 meters". The warning then disappears once past the area. Which is OK, except on my last trip to Germany it would warn of "animal crossing". When on the autobahns the Germans very kindly put bridges over the main road so animals can get to the other side. The "animal crossing" warning was popping up regularly. Each time these warnings pop up it covers vital navigation info. Several times the unit has got stuck with "animal crossing" splashed across the top line. Even switching it off and back on would not get rid of it.

How do I switch off these warnings? Is it possible to customise which warnings I get? I don't seem to be able to find anything in the settings.

Thanks.
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 356 times
Great Britain

Re: Top line map display

Post by sussamb »

On some devices all you can do is turn off the warning tone, from the manual that is the case with the 595:

You can turn off individual audible rider alerts. Visual alerts appears even when the audible alert is disabled.

Select Settings > Map & Vehicle > Audible Rider Alerts.
Select or clear the check box next to each alert.
oldwobbler
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Post by oldwobbler »

Thanks, I had found the audible alerts, but its not these that are the problem. The visual alerts would not be an issue if they did not get "stuck" on the screen. :cry:
lkraus
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 110 times
United States of America

Post by lkraus »

I've also had some issues with the top line getting stuck. Setting Driving Map View to Track Up rather than 3-D seems to have cleared up the problem, so far.