Zumo XT2 in few weeks?

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
blahooma
Estonia

Re: Zumo XT2 in few weeks?

Post by blahooma »

Why launch a new product when the old one doesn't work properly?
Biker_Andy
Canada

Re: Zumo XT2 in few weeks?

Post by Biker_Andy »

blahooma wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:45 pm Why launch a new product when the old one doesn't work properly?
Because now they can offer less and change you more money for it!

Tread runs somewhat ok, seems very slow and takes a while to recalculate when changes are made but it's mostly usable by itself. I can't use my browser or anything else until I close Tread. It basically makes every other app on my phone useless. Nothing updates, keyboard won't appear, apps freeze or crash. Then the second I close Tread everything works completely fine again. I've never had an issue multitasking, having Googled earth, Google maps, iOverlander and dozens of webpages open simultaneously jumping back and forth between them. Tread seem like it's programmed very poorly.

Tread also won't allow me to make a route if there is a gravel patch in the middle of it. It does everything it can to avoid gravel. No matter what waypoints or shaping points I enter. If I try to force it to a waypoint inaccessible except by gravel it says it cannot calculate and does nothing. Isn't this supposed to be for off road? I'm not talking a gravel country road but rather a major numbered highway with a few spots on it that are gravel. Try yourself to make a route between Baie-Comeau and Labrador City. Instead of 580km it calculates an over 2900km alternative route just to avoid a few kilometers of gravel. WTF Garmin.