Using "Where I've been" information

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Re: Using "Where I've been" information

Post by jfheath »

mike_walker wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:25 pm That's great, thanks. Shame it can't upload them automatically - or at least bulk upload rather than one by one. Probably easier to plug and copy if it's more than a couple of tracks. Don't know why but the syncing is taking forever...
Using the method I have just described, at the top of the list of tracks is an entry 'All Unsaved Tracks' Select that and click the spanner, 'Save Track' is still available. I don't know if this does what you want. I've spent so much time testing stuff and resetiing my XT to factory, that I have only got two tracks listed. One when I took the XT into the garden, the other walking downstairs.

Please let me know if this works to sync with the Explore site. I am curious.
Regarding the length of time, these track files can be quite large - 1MB, so if you are syncing a few, it is entitled to take a tad longer. Depending what Garmin's server is also up to.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

mike_walker wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:25 pm That's great, thanks. Shame it can't upload them automatically - or at least bulk upload rather than one by one. Probably easier to plug and copy if it's more than a couple of tracks. Don't know why but the syncing is taking forever...
Using the method I have just described, at the top of the list of tracks is an entry 'All Unsaved Tracks' Select that and click the spanner, 'Save Track' is still available. I don't know if this does what you want. I've spent so much time testing stuff and resetiing my XT to factory, that I have only got two tracks listed. One when I took the XT into the garden, the other walking downstairs.

Please let me know if this works to sync with the Explore site. I am curious.
Regarding the length of time, these track files can be quite large - 1MB, so if you are syncing a few, it is entitled to take a tad longer. Depending what Garmin's server is also up to.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
mike_walker
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Post by mike_walker »

Hi - sorry just seen your reply. The select all button did work but, if I recall correctly, it merged the tracks into one file rather than keeping them separate. TBH I've given up on Explore as it seems a bit pointless compared to using Basecamp.
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Totally agree on that point. I can see that it could be useful in some circumstances. I have yet to find one though.
Do you know how to break the link with Explore ?

If not - the bottom of this page will show you :--> app.php/ZXT-P56