US & Canada H-D Dealers Jun 21, 2018 Updates

1pkraft
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Re: US & Canada H-D Dealers Jun 21, 2018 Updates

Post by 1pkraft »

I'll give that a try

Thanks
dave726 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:03 pm Copy file from the zip: POI\H-D Dealers.gpi to your Zumo POI folder.

If you have a Road Tech Zumo 665, you have to remove the H-D supplied file D1685000F.gpi (or a similar name if you have an updated version of that file).
1pkraft
United States of America

Post by 1pkraft »

Now I think I need some technical help.

I see the Dealer file that I last loaded from Garmin (dated 1/27/17) located in the Zumo as G:|Garmin\POI\HarleydavidsonZumoDealerDatabase_1000.gpi. This is the one that comes up when I select the HD option on the Zumo.

At the moment I also have your latest file that's comes up when I select the Extra folder, this folder also has several other POI's that I've down loaded. I thought I'd just move your file over to the Garmin location (and then delete the old Garmin file) but I can't find your file anywhere in the Zumo. I've searched both the Zumo and the chip I have in it but the only Harley file that comes up is the old Garmin gpi file.

I used the POI loader and removed the POI's I loaded and then removed the Garmin poi file (pasted to my computer just in case) and copied your latest file into the Garmin folder. I double checked to make sure your data base was in the folder and then rebooted the Zumo. Checked the Extra folder and it says there are not POI's loaded - that good and then selected the HD Dealers. However, the old file or list is still there. I can tell as one of the closest dealers to me is the old Battley HD now renamed District HD. But when I select Dealers Battley still shows up.

I noticed the old Garmin file is a gpi and when I extract your file it I see both gpx and gpi files. Initially I loaded the gpx which still showed Battley instead of District and then I went back and deleted the gpx and loaded the gpi file. But Battley still shows up.

Did I mention this is a HD RoadTech model - would there be any difference in loading this file vs a "regular" Garmin model?

Any thoughts?
dave726
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
United States of America

Post by dave726 »

Use File Explorer and type *.gpi in the upper right dialog box to search for gpi files. You may have an old one hiding from when Harley named them "D1685000H.gpi" or similar name.
1pkraft
United States of America

Post by 1pkraft »

You're the man - that did it.

Thanks
1pkraft
United States of America

Update - US & Canada H-D Dealers

Post by 1pkraft »

There is a "new" guy that just updated Dave's old file for US and Canada H-D Dealers. Since it's not my file I don't feel that I should post it here.

However, you can find it on POI-Factory.com