Move from PC to Mac

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for MAC then please post in this section.
maddscot
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Move from PC to Mac

Post by maddscot »

I may be moving from Windows 10/11 to Mac OS and wanted to know if there are any known issues with Basecamp and Mac vs PC. I finally got to a comfort level in using Basecamp on my Windows machine, and am familiar with Mac but not with using Basecamp on a Mac.

Thanks
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 354 times
Great Britain

Re: Move from PC to Mac

Post by sussamb »

There are numerous differences on the mac version. May be worth reading through the Mac version of this tutorial https://www.newenglandriders.org/learn-basecamp/
maddscot
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Post by maddscot »

sussamb wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:09 pm There are numerous differences on the mac version. May be worth reading through the Mac version of this tutorial https://www.newenglandriders.org/learn-basecamp/
Thanks... just got done reading much of the NE PC training! I will take a look and thanks for that. I am sure there will be another learning curve but hoping features and some actions wont be too much of a change if I go Mac.
H2R
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by H2R »

maddscot,

I moved from BaseCamp on a Windows desktop computer to BaseCamp on a MacBook years ago. The hardest thing for me was getting used to manipulating the route using the TrackPad instead of a mouse. I ended up buying a bluetooth mouse to help bridge the gap. If I recall correctly, I also reversed the scroll direction on the mouse preferences to make it feel more natural.

I haven't used that mouse in years, but it did help me to make the transition at the time.

Good luck. Enjoy the journey.