Multiple PCs - Basecamp Sharing of Routes

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
maddscot
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Multiple PCs - Basecamp Sharing of Routes

Post by maddscot »

Is there a way to share or sync my library of routes created in Basecamp with other PCs that I use?

Current Condition:
I use two primary laptops one for work, and one for personal use. I use my personal laptop for planning and creating routes/trips in Basecamp along with a library of folders (Local, "Xname" Trips as needed for multiday) with related Lists under these folders. There are times when I only have access to my work laptop and of course when using Basecamp these are not in the library as the data is local to the PC/Laptop it was created on.

Is there a way to sync up data with Basecamp? What I have done is send .gpx file via email or stored via online drives (OneDrive or Google) and then have access to them but was wondering if there is an easier way that Basecamp items can be "sync'd".

Thanks much...
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 354 times
Great Britain

Re: Multiple PCs - Basecamp Sharing of Routes

Post by sussamb »

Some users create a BaseCamp database in 'the cloud' and link to that but that then requires internet access.

I sync mine simply by copying the 2 files that contain the data and the folder structure, these files are called AllData.gdb and Folder.gfi

If you search your devices you'll find where these files are located.
khunpaul
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by khunpaul »

I do a backup, copy the backup file so produced then restore that file in to b/c on other laptop
alan sh
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 26 times
Great Britain

Post by alan sh »

I've used Dropbox to sync two PCs. It works fine.

Alan
Alan
Owner of 3 Zumo 660's, one 346 and 2 bikes
ZFtracker
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 13 times
United States of America

Post by ZFtracker »

khunpaul wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:38 pm I do a backup, copy the backup file so produced then restore that file in to b/c on other laptop
Ditto. That's what I do to move from my desktop to the my travel laptop.
Zumo 590
Montana 610
Drive 60
inReach Mini
colirv
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 35 times
Great Britain

Post by colirv »

alan sh wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:00 pm I've used Dropbox to sync two PCs. It works fine.
That's what I currently do. Edit/Options/General then create or select Dropbox in Database Options. Works a treat.
Colin
BMW R1250RS