Replacing battery

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Eatonjb
United States of America

Replacing battery

Post by Eatonjb »

I've had my zumo xt for about a year or so. It's been an okay unit, but the battery is lackluster. Unfortunately now the battery is completely 100% dead, when I turn my bike off it immediately shuts down the zumo. I noticed that it looks like it's a sealed battery and there's a handful of screws, has anybody replaced the battery and what kind do I need to look for?

Thank you
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Re: Replacing battery

Post by simoncrewe »

Here in Europe the warranty is 2 years, I would speak to Garmin support you may be surprised by their response.
cr0100
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times
United States of America

Post by cr0100 »

Yeah, I'd contact Garmin. My presumption is that my device has (had) a 1-year warranty (which means it would have expired March of this year), but when I contacted them last week about how raindrops register as screen touches, they immediately set up an exchange of the unit. They're pretty generous, in my experience. Also: My greater-than-a-year-old Zumo XT still has a pretty strong battery, which suggests you may have a bum unit and they'd hopefully realize that. Good luck!
Eatonjb
United States of America

Post by Eatonjb »

Seems that it is under warranty. Yayyy.. getting a new one.

I am concerned with this unit being sealed like this though, my older Zumos have had replaceable batteries.
Zumek
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 16 times
Poland

Post by Zumek »

Eatonjb wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:44 pm I am concerned with this unit being sealed like this though, my older Zumos have had replaceable batteries.