Move a waypoint on the XT

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Scottnet
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Move a waypoint on the XT

Post by Scottnet »

Is it possible to move a waypoint on the XT, when I go into edit the waypoint , I try and click and drag but the waypoint symbol just seems to disappear , when I click somewhere else , it does not seem to save an updated position ?
Scottnet
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Move a waypoint on the XT

Post by Scottnet »

It seems you can't. Odd that when you are editing a waypoint and you click on the waypoint it disappears and if you click on the map it appears to create another one but in fact it does not.
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Re: Move a waypoint on the XT

Post by jfheath »

I find the editor to be very 'clunky' but part of that is the size of my fingers. I find smartphones to be clunky too.

My preferred method is to create a Favourite / Saved Place by browsing the map. These are the type of points that Basecamp calls Waypoints. Once I have them in place I can add them to the trip list and remove the ones that I don't want. These become Via Points in the trip.

Via points can be made into shaping points by clicking the flag. But the resulting shaping point will change its name and its position, so you need to check whether that has affected your route.

The only other way of dealing with shaping points it to use the route shaper. If I have to resort to that, then I add new ones first and then delete the ones I don't want.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.