Hello from an older rider with a new toy.

Feel free to join up and say hello here.
WillumEr6
Has liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Hello from an older rider with a new toy.

Post by WillumEr6 »

Hello from the Great Eastern Flatlands of Britain.
Having already achieved the biblical 'three score years and ten' and ridden all the (legal) years I could, I've at last submitted to the assistance of a SatNav. I've used plenty of Garmin stuff for aerial navigation and for road use, so have high expectations of my new and shiny Zumo XT.
The task at hand - and not yet mastered - is the linking of the SatNag to a cheapo, bluetooth headset. The only purpose of the headset is to convey the spoken nav instruction, nothing else. I am not a great believer in unnecessary distraction whilst riding. Some are, I know - but not me.
I'll report success ........... or otherwise.
Will
WillumEr6
Has liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Re: Hello from an older rider with a new toy.

Post by WillumEr6 »

Well, that was a fall at the first hurdle!

My headset will happily play music from my iPhone and even my ancient iMac. It connects to the XT, it says it's connected, the XT says it's connected and mutes the speaker - but absolutely nothing comes out the headphone speakers.
I've read every snippet I can and so far, zilch.

Whilst I was trying to get it to work, I thought the easiest way to keep checking was to get the XT to repeat the last instruction. I can't get that to work either, BT mode, or otherwise. There are lots of bits that refer to other Zumo models and the only one I can find for the XT (tap the top left of the top bar) only takes me to the written instruction for the next manoeuvre.

There do seem to be an awful lot of problems associated with the XT's Bluetooth .............