Can you change the colour of an active track?

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
HarveyM
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 8 times
Canada

Can you change the colour of an active track?

Post by HarveyM »

Has anyone found a way to change the track colour (default is an orange-red) or width of the track you’re currently recording using the track feature on the main menu screen?
bradrh
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Re: Can you change the colour of an active track?

Post by bradrh »

I had the same question, & reposted it since I didn't find yours when I searched for 'color' :lol:
I just got off a chat w Garmin, & he said "The color of the live track that is currently recording can not be changed. Only saved tracks."
Poor software. I could do this with my old Montana, and cheap android app, but not with this.
electro_handyman
Been liked: 31 times
United States of America

Post by electro_handyman »

I seem to remember someone here had a way to change it, however, it involves some configuration file editing.... not a setting you could change from the screen of the device.
HarveyM
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 8 times
Canada

Post by HarveyM »

I found on the Advrider Zumo XT thread that the XT also has a history that records tracks in a light blue colour (color :) ). Goto Map&Vehicle> Map layers> and check travel history.
The problem is all your tracks are on the screen. To clear your history (& wipe out all your previous track history) go to Main Page > Apps > Where I've Been > 3-Bar Menu > Clear Travel History > Yes

(from Clammy69) You could change the history track colour by editing " the theme KMTF file (which is just an xml file). I did that myself, and made my history line yellow with a black border, and thicker as well. :)
What I did was make a copy of the GarminHV.kmtf file copied from the Internal Storage\Themes\Map folder) , renamed it, and edit that copy. Make sure you change the Title inside the file, or you'll have 2 Garmin HV themes available on your device.
There are Theme editors freely downloadable. Just Google "Garmin Theme Editor" or something similar."

Link to the Advrider Zumo XT thread (now at over 4,000 posts): https://advrider.com/f/threads/garmin-zumo-xt.1431553/
bradrh
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Post by bradrh »

Yes, I saw those posts on advrider. Changing the kmtf file changes the travel history track as you described, but it doesn't change the track that is shown when you start recording a track. That shows up as orange/red