ZUMOLOCK?

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Roadrat102
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Re: ZUMOLOCK?

Post by Roadrat102 »

Thanks for that iankim spacers may be the issue I did not get that sheet so didn't fit them I'll try that out tomorrow
:)
semmyroundel
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Post by semmyroundel »

kernowing wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:57 am
semmyroundel wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:47 am I have looked at the zumolock and the video they provide on their website shows an older Zumo.
People have mentioned that the supplied bike mount is possibly a bit iffy on rough ground, yet it appears that no one has had a XT fall off on a ride.
What the video doesn't appear to show is the zumolock adding security against the mount undoing on the road, as some have alluded to, in fact it would appear only to prevent someone pressing the release button.
My (possibly paranoid) worry isn't about the button but the lack of holding but the lack of grip the mechanism that holds the XT in position has on it.
What do you all think? Does the zumolock for the XT impart some extra security apart from anti-theft?
I'm not an XT user but I do watch all the videos of this lady who uses one in some pretty extreme riding!
Impressive, if ever there was an advert for the XT mount, that is it.
Personally, having seen loads of her shows, I'm bored of the inane comments, they are interesting for the scenery and how-to's but that's about it.
But yes, defo shows the mount at it's most testing.
semmyroundel
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Post by semmyroundel »

iankim wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:03 pm If it's sticking I would try a little lubrication. I am a fan of graphite powder.

If you want the instructions here they are. https://shop.touratech-uk.co.uk/pub/med ... 0_7412.pdf
graphite is the mutts nuts alright, doesn't attract dirt and lubricates well.
I use it on all my vehicle locks, and squeaky hinges at home. Good call!
Whiteshark
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Post by Whiteshark »

Zumolock state that is to secure the satnav for when you stop for a coffee etc. it is not a full secutity lock.
I unsed one on my 590LM and my new XT, it stops the satnav from shaking loose and gives a degree of secuirty.
As regards the bolts that hold the satnav bracket in place, I use nylock nuts and Loctite them, they will thenm not shake free and it makes it difficult to undo with the satnav in place.