Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Hexigo
Been liked: 1 time
Portugal

Issues with Garmin Drive app and Spotify

Post by Hexigo »

Hi, new user here.
So far, I am happy with my new Zumo XT.
The one thing that is bothering me is that I simply cannot have Garmin Drive app (to send trafic, weather, locations, to the unit) and control Spotify at the same time.
If I pair the phone and the unit and use the Garmin App straight away, it connects but I lose control over the music on Spotify (I can hear but it doesn't show up on the unit, neither can be controlled on the unit), If on the other hand I pair phone to unit and use the Spotify straight away, I can hear and control Spotify but I can no longer connect to the Garmin Drive app.
Also, no album art from Spotify in either way (I'm pretty sure it used to show album art at some point).

Has anyone had this issue before? Any fix?

Many thanks.
Hexigo
Portugal

Re: Issues with Garmin Drive app and Spotify

Post by Hexigo »

Hello

In case anyone has the same issue, the fix that worked for me was enabling notification and album covers permissions for the Garmin Drive app in the mobile phone settings.
Fallguy67
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 4 times
United States of America

Post by Fallguy67 »

Glad you got it figured out.
V-Tom
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 15 times
Canada

Post by V-Tom »

Hexigo wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:24 am Hello

In case anyone has the same issue, the fix that worked for me was enabling notification and album covers permissions for the Garmin Drive app in the mobile phone settings.
Where can I find "Album Cover Permissions" in the Drive App? Also what kind of phone do you use? (I don't see any such choice on my Android 11 phone.)

Thanks,

..Tom
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Hexigo wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:24 am Hello

I'm confused.
My XT doesn't have Spotify.
I can't find any permissions for album covers

Can you say where to find these please?.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Hexigo
Portugal

Post by Hexigo »

Can't find it either in the settings, it does show up whenever you run the Garmin Drive App for the first time after installing or reseting it. At least for Android.
TripleThreat719
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 31 times
United States of America

Post by TripleThreat719 »

There is not a Spotify app on the XT. You can still stream music from your cell phone via Spotify, or any other music app, such as Apple Music, Amazon Music, etc. (loaded on your phone) to the Zumo XT. When the music player is open, you can change the source from MP3s housed on the device or a Micro SD Card, to bluetooth.

I frequently utilize Amazon Music, and have found the interface to work quite well.

This does require a connected cell phone, and will utilize cellular data, but for me, with an unlimited data plan, it has never been an issue. The connection between my iPhone, XT, and SENA Bluetooth Helmet setup all work as intended. YMMV...
ReneD
United States of America

Post by ReneD »

Hello! My Zumo XT also stopped showing the Album Art, but only when I use streaming services on my iPhone (Amazon Music, Pandora), if I use the Music app it does show them.

Any idea how to fix it?

I contacted Garmin Support and told me to do a Master Reset, I’ve done it several tomes and it doesn’t fix the issue.

I don’t see any option in the Garmin Drive App about Album Art.

Thanks!!!!