396 keeps resetting when connected Bluetooth headset is also connected to another headset

For everything Garmin Zumo 390/395/396 related
robbedwell

396 keeps resetting when connected Bluetooth headset is also connected to another headset

Post by robbedwell »

Every time I ride with my pal and try to connect my zumo 396 to my iPhone and my headset and my headset to his headset. The zumo keeps turning itself and back on. Constantly.
If I don’t connect the phone, it’s fine. If I connect the phone and my headset without connecting to my pal it’s fine. But when I try to connect them all the Zumo just keeps turning off and on repeatedly. I have the phone connected for calls only. The phone is not connected to the headset. I have an SD card with music on it, again if my mates not there that works fine. But my mate is only connected to the headset not the zumo, so why is the zumo behaving this way?? Hope someone can help. Thanks. Rob
electro_handyman
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 31 times
United States of America

Re: 396 keeps resetting when connected Bluetooth headset is also connected to another headset

Post by electro_handyman »

You didn't say what brand/model headset you are using.
You may need to reset/clear all pairings from your headset and make sure that when you pair it to the Garmin that you pair it as a phone, not a multi-media device/intercom device.
robbedwell

Re: 396 keeps resetting when connected Bluetooth headset is also connected to another headset

Post by robbedwell »

Hi the headset is a Freedconn R1-Plus, it’s used Bluetooth 5.0. I’m not sure how to connect it in the way you’ve suggested, it’s fairly basis but I love it because it also includes a video cam. Your idea certainly sounds worth investigating, if I can figure out how to do it.