GE will not recognise my XT

yorky
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

GE will not recognise my XT

Post by yorky »

Garmin Express has stopped recognising my XT.
Everything used to work fine but the other day, when I connected the XT to update maps, Express failed to recognise it.
Simple, I thought, remove the XT from Express and re-install it. Not a good idea. I now cannot get Express to recognise the XT to re-install it.
I have tried clicking the "run as admistrator" as suggested by Garmin but that makes no difference.
I have tried various cables and USB ports, again, no difference.
Windows recognises the XT, as does Basecamp, and Express recognises my other GPS, a Montana.
Any ideas????
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: GE will not recognise my XT

Post by sussamb »

Ensure BaseCamp is closed as some folks have issues if they try to run both at the same time.
yorky
Great Britain

Post by yorky »

Hi Sussamb, yes I've tried both, Basecamp closed and open, same results :cry:
biz
Has liked: 21 times
Great Britain

Post by biz »

I've just had a problem with Express and my two Zumo 590s. The fix I found might work for you, so worth a try?

Background: I had 7.6.0.0 installed, and as it was pulled, I decided to uninstall and go back to 7.5.0.0 After I did that, I could not add either of my Zumos, and Garmin's suggestion didn't work.

What did work, and what might work for you was I uninstalled 7.5.0.0 and installed an earlier version. That recognised my Zumos, and let me add them, and after adding them I upgraded to 7.5.0.0 again.
yorky
Great Britain

Post by yorky »

Thanks for the replies.
After numerous attempts at fixing this issue I took a very simple way out. I did a system restore to my PC to an earlier date. After that I connected the XT to the PC and GE recognised a new device immediately.
I will never understand technology :roll:
electro_handyman
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 31 times
United States of America

Post by electro_handyman »

I've read in another post about a recent microsoft update causing issues with GE seeing the XT and other devices. Temporarily removing the update restored the connectivity with GE for that user.
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 261 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

The report is that KB5003254 .NET Framework security update breaks Garmin Express and that uninstalling it solves the problem. I have only seen two posts about this which is surprising. I expected more. This post could be the third although in this case we don't specifically know whether KB5003254 was the problem.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.