Phone call quality

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
yorky
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Re: Phone call quality

Post by yorky »

Rather ironically I received an email from Garmin half an hour ago asking me to rate their customer service after my recent communication :lol:

Apparently "My opinion matters"
copacetic
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by copacetic »

I initially received a reply from Garmin Tech Support asking for more details. They then sent me a procedure to log data that had me start logging then re-pair my devices and then make a call. I stopped data logging at the end of the call and sent them the binary files. They got back to me today and acknowledged that they received the files and will let me if they have a resolution to the problem. So far, I am impressed with the response.
yorky
Great Britain

Post by yorky »

Well done, please let us know if you manage to find a solution.

I completed their questionaire and politely told them that I didn't think not getting back to me really constituted Customer Service, lets see if I get any response 8-)
philipjones1050
Great Britain

Post by philipjones1050 »

yorky wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:32 pm I suspect that I am going to have this problem.
I bought a new helmet last week which came with Sena speakers and mic pre-installed. I have since bought the unit body and battery to complete the system. As yet, due to the crap weather I haven't had chance to try it out on a ride, however I have tried it in the garage and as above if I call myself, using the wifes phone, the volume is ridiculously high and I also get the screeching. I was hoping this was maybe interference related to how close all the phones/nav/headset were together but it's sounding like this may not be the case :?
SNAP! Exactly the same for me as well. New Garmin XT, New Schuberth C4 Pro, New SC1A kit - now very poor and very disappointed

Phone myself and leave voicemail messages, very crackly. Do you think I should report directly to Garmin? Normal Bluetooth headsets/car mics do not have this issue, it's the Garmin that seems to be screwing up things. I won't tend to really take/make calls, but that's not the point. These are premium product and I'm really disappointed. Don't get me even started on the speaker quality inside the new lid - it's a total joke.
copacetic
United States of America

Post by copacetic »

PJ1050

Please report it to Garmin if you are having this issue. The more people that complain, the more they will take us seriously - and that it is not just a one off problem or a single headset manufacturer issue.
JohnnyRidesAlone
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Post by JohnnyRidesAlone »

Add another to the crackling list. I put this down to the sound levels being too high as i have those all maxed out due to ear plugs. I only use the phone seldomly so have not tried to address it
Ducati Multistrada V4S and ST4s
Every zumo from 550 590 660 XT
copacetic
United States of America

Post by copacetic »

Here is the lame reply I received:
Thank you for contacting Garmin International. We are reviewing the issue you reported with people on the other end of your calls not hearing you completely. To troubleshoot the issue, please try the troubleshooting steps in the FAQ's below.

Troubleshooting a Bluetooth Issue Between an Automotive Device and a Mobile Device https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=F ... Gtl4sEUOAA
Troubleshooting an Issue Between a zumo 396, zumo XT, or Tread and a Bluetooth Headset https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=E ... qSZeaBWVB6

If you still experience the issue, please provide a new set up Bluetooth logs following the troubleshooting. Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.
I plan to send them more log files. I had erased all the pairings before my last log session, but I will do it again. I will erase all pairings and then pair the GPS to channel 1 on the headset (normally phone) and log that. Then I will do it all again paired with channel 2 (normally GPS). I tried all of this before and the result was the same on both channels - caller cannot hear what I say.

For reference, this is a Cardo Freecom 1, and a Samsung A50.
yorky
Great Britain

Post by yorky »

I fear that I may have been incorrect in my assumption that the XT was to blame for my poor phone connection quality.
Today I have disconnected the phone call option on the XT while leaving media and the Drive app, and BT'd my phone to my comms unit.
Tried calling myself, again using the wifes phone, and again the same problems exist.
I really don't know where to go next!!
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

What about the drive app? Could that be causing it? Try to disable it and also the media disable that too
JohnnyRidesAlone
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Post by JohnnyRidesAlone »

Well, pure coincidence but when i test by calling home, from another room with the XT not on the cradle i get this along with most other situations too. Today my lady called me to ask were TF i was and it was crystal clear. In a sentence that sums up Bluetooth I think.
Ducati Multistrada V4S and ST4s
Every zumo from 550 590 660 XT