XT useless pice of s…

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Mester
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times
Denmark

XT useless pice of s…

Post by Mester »

as a follow up on my last post, I got home from my trip and to Im stunned over how poor this unit works

I managed to get my tracks sorted in collections and went out on the trails

the tracks worked as they should, I carefully recorded all 3 days and manually disconnected my iPhone daily so the XT did not drain the battery with all the silly features, updates and what not, despite that XT managed to prompt that there where updates available, don’t know how it manage to do that

the last day, when we rode in to the hotel compound, XT connected to the hotel wifi and updated, just like that, a small update, when I discovered it was to late to stop

every day on the trail XT rebooted at least 5-6 times, every time I wanted to se tracks, in Explorer or in the Tracks app, all tracks except a few was spinning in the icons, and when I tried to do anything on any track it rebooted

I have been crossing borders and when I got to Sweden and clicked Home the Home was blank

tonight I wanted to transfer my recorded tracks from the trip, 3 files, named and put in collections, ready to transfer

The way to synchronise as I understand, is to use Explorer, via Garmin Drive app on iPhone, it needs both wifi and BT
I tried this several times with no luck, I tried to transfer the files one by one via Garmin Drive (as was the procedure last month) but still spinning and doing nothing, reboot several times, also the Iphone, reinstall the app nothing helps, and then suddenly everything is gone, empty, gone, only things left is the original files as in the browser version of Explorer, so it deleted EVERTTHING on the XT and kept the files on the browser version

This is totally incomprehensible for me, how the f… can they make such a complicated, illogical and vulnerable workflow, this is consumer gear not to fly in outer space, I might have misunderstood something, but that it ends up deleting userdata on the unit without any warning is completely unacceptable, stupid and unserious

The XT unit or the software is unstable, it hangs in the sync proces, deleted my tracks, its so disappointing after my 590, I paid for the good stuff, purchased a lockable bracket, and now Garmin wants to make things unnecessary complicate and the product useless😡
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Re: XT useless pice of s…

Post by Stu »

I haven't really had any problems

Until I have just turned it on and it just told me the software was updated to 6.20 :?

I have been running that for ages :?
AndersNordh
Sweden

Post by AndersNordh »

Hi, I am also running the very latest software and mine restarts as well, at least two times during the last three hour run.

Not happy right now and you do not get what you pay for ... as I see it anyway.

Other things are nice but the restart is a real problem.

/Anders
Skipper
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Sweden

Post by Skipper »

I don't know why this happens but it has never happened to me and I have been using it quite a lot.

I have had mine since June last year and I have driven about 7000 km with it without a hitch.

It is strange that some seem to have so many problems with it while others, like me, don´t.
2010 Vulcan 1700 CT (Nomad)
RV Kabe Travelmaster 880 LT Royal
AndersNordh
Sweden

Post by AndersNordh »

Hej Skipper, long time ... ;-)

Mine started acting up after last update like a week ago ... Never had an issue before that ...

Just waiting for the next update I guess ;-)

Have a nice one!

/Anders
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Any changes to the way a device works after an update is normally resolved with a master reset so I'd try that.
AndersNordh
Sweden

Post by AndersNordh »

sussamb wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:30 pm Any changes to the way a device works after an update is normally resolved with a master reset so I'd try that.
Hi, just did a reset, we'll see if that made it work better. Quite annoying when you have 40+ bikes behind you and it decides to just restart as it did last Saturday ... ;-)

Thanks,
Anders