Battery life in power saving mode

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Crisandria
United States of America

Battery life in power saving mode

Post by Crisandria »

I have not yet had the Zumo XT installed on my bike, but had charged the unit when I received it on March 13th. It came with the battery dead, I charged it fully and was able to use it the next day to play around. but then left it in power save mode till yesterday. When i tried turning it on yesterday the battery was dead again. Charged it last night to full and left it in powersave mode overnight and it's down to 1/2 power. I did have bluetooth on and i had turned wifi off when it lost a 1/4 of the change.

Is this fast of a drain normal? I've had a number of different zumo's previously and they don't drain this fast just in standby. I'm worried that once i get it installed on the bike that when i don't ride for a few days that it's going to take a while to start up if the battery drains this fast.

crisandria
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 41 times
Great Britain

Re: Battery life in power saving mode

Post by Oop North John »

I don't know how long it's meant to last in "ready to power on", but if I'm not going to be using mine for a while, I fully switch it off by pressing on the power button. I'm going to guess that's how Garmin envisaged it being done?
colirv
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 35 times
Great Britain

Post by colirv »

Yep. As soon as my XT is no longer going to be used that day I hold the power button on for 5 seconds or so and select the power off option.
Colin
BMW R1250RS
scottyuk
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by scottyuk »

Are you sure you charged it? i.e. unit on or sleep?

Plugging it in and turning fully off seems to stop the charging.
Crisandria
United States of America

Post by Crisandria »

scottyuk wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:24 pm Are you sure you charged it? i.e. unit on or sleep?

Plugging it in and turning fully off seems to stop the charging.
Had definitely charged it fully as I had been poking around to get the setting s I wanted set up and figuring out the differences from my old one.

I did just actually turn it off yesterday, not just into power saving mode, ad just turned it on and it was fully charged. So I’ll just have to remember to do that when I’m done for the day.

Crisandria