396 Trip Planner is ghosting me!

For everything Garmin Zumo 390/395/396 related
MotoToph
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 7 times
United States of America

396 Trip Planner is ghosting me!

Post by MotoToph »

In trip planner on the 396 it show's 10 trips with only 5 trips showing.

How this happened. I sent a route from Basecamp (pc) to the zumo. When I import it into trips it says trip cannot be saved. But still shows an added trip each time I re-imported it. How do I get rid of these "ghost" trips. I didn't see them in Basecamp or in the Zumo computer files.

I was working with a gpx file from roadrunner magazine and modified the route to start and end at my home instead of the hotel they stayed at. I did figure out that I just had to redo the whole route because their gpx file wasn't playing well. So that part is figured out.

I can use both mac and pc. Hope this all makes sense.

Thanks!
Attachments
20200913_083139.jpg
20200913_083139.jpg (194.83 KiB) Viewed 2120 times
ZUMO XT
K1600GT
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: 396 Trip Planner is ghosting me!

Post by sussamb »

In the GPX folder on your device delete any .gpx file that is date/time stamped with the date/time that you sent the data to your device.

On most devices you can in fact delete all the .gpx files you find there with no effect.
wethogs
Great Britain

Post by wethogs »

I have cleared out GPX files. There is no longer nothing to import. But like the above photo .. New trips shows as (1) ... however clicking through it is empty.
wethogs
Great Britain

Post by wethogs »

Hi:

So I posed the question to Garmin support ... they replied with two options ... of which for myself the first cleared out the ghost trip. However you will loose all user data, like POIs, routes, tracks, paired devices and settings. Here is what Garmin said:

Thanks for contacting Garmin. Let's see if a master reset will resolve this problem.

To perform a master reset:
  • Start with the device turned off and unplugged from power. To verify the device is powered off and not in standby mode, press and hold down the power button until prompted to turn off the device
    Power on the device
    When the first copyright screen appears press and hold the lower right-hand corner of the display portion of the touchscreen
    Remove your finger from the touchscreen when "Erase all user data?" appears
    Touch Yes
    If text language is not in English, this is the button on the right

Another option to perform a master reset for these devices:
  • Touch View Map
    Touch the Speed icon
    Touch and hold the speedometer for approximately 5 seconds
    Release your touch when the Diagnostics Page displays
    Touch Clear all user data
    Touch Yes when prompted to "Erase all user data?"

The device will now be reset. Follow the on-screen prompts, then place the device in an area with a clear view of the sky until it acquires satellites.