XT Wishlist

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
larryg
United States of America

XT Wishlist

Post by larryg »

While I've been generally very happy with the XT, there are a few small things that bother me.
Is it just me, or do others have similar complaints that we should try to get Garmin to address ?...

1. Having moved up from a Zumo 665, I miss a small, current time clock in the upper right of the screen, especially when traveling into a different time zone. Not a big thing - but I miss it.

2. Also miss the having the zoom level displayed on the map. It does show on a loaded route, but not when just viewing the map. Annoying.

3. The info bars, at top and bottom of the screen, are needlessly big - a waste of screen space. I'd really like to see them made a bit smaller.

I will put a ticket in with with Garmin....
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 41 times
Great Britain

Re: XT Wishlist

Post by Oop North John »

larryg wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:23 pm 2. Also miss the having the zoom level displayed on the map. It does show on a loaded route, but not when just viewing the map. Annoying.
It doesn't show for me when I am on a route, and the compass arrow has disappeared too :?
V-Tom
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 15 times
Canada

Post by V-Tom »

Besides what's been mentioned I'd like to have the search for cities back.

..Tom
Exurban
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
United States of America

Post by Exurban »

Those are my small issues too. I did open a ticket with Garmin about the missing compass needle and map scale (zoom level) that disappeared from the latest firmware update. They requested screen shots which I sent.
Capt Sisko
Great Britain

Post by Capt Sisko »

Can you add a Safety Lanyard, or at least an inbuilt loop that you can thread one through to the wish list. My cycling Garmins have them, why don't their motorcycling ones have them as well?
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

They are certainly changing the models from how they used to be.

Time of day and 8 point compass direction are both available as configurable buttons down the right hand side of the screen. The button at the bottom right is always there, and that too can be configured for different vehicles and for when there is / is not a route active.

Not necessarily exactly how you want it (and it takes up screen space, which I don't mind) but they are available.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

I wish the "up ahead" and "trip data" well actually all the info on the right pane was smaller just like on the 590!

it reduces the navigation map considerably!

I like to have the pane visible at times but its way too big
V-Tom
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 15 times
Canada

Post by V-Tom »

Also I'd like the MP3 player to remember where it stopped after switching music source

..Tom