Map Number confusion

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
JohnnyRidesAlone
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Map Number confusion

Post by JohnnyRidesAlone »

The Zumo/Basecamp is reporting to me that the maps are different when I post over routes. And yet they both maps have the same number. Also I have an increasingly bewildering tally of maps on the Zumo now and I am not sure what they are?
See attached
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (28.72 KiB) Viewed 1425 times
Ducati Multistrada V4S and ST4s
Every zumo from 550 590 660 XT
yorky
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Re: Map Number confusion

Post by yorky »

I had exactly the same yesterday.
I sent a trial route from the PC to the XT of 15.4 miles and the XT showed it as over 160 miles and then when I pressed "Go" to see what was happening it couldn't show it.
I solved the problem by the reinstall the maps option in Garmin Express, all seems to be ok now.
Last edited by yorky on Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

From the top they are the road map, POIs, parking places, Digital Elevation Model, and topo maps covering Europe.

I can see the CN map on your Zumo is 2021.1, I suspect on BaseCamp it's 2021.10 hence the issue. If you confirm that I'll explain how to change it.
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 41 times
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

yorky wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:36 pm I had exactly the same yesterday.
I sent a trial route from the PC to the XT of 15.4 miles and the XT showed it as over 160 miles and then when I pressed "Go" to see what was happening it couldn't show it.
I solved the problem by the reinstall the maps option in Garmin Express, all seems to be ok now.
I've noticed some strange routing as well, and it showing straight lines after a waypoint?

I might try reinstalling the maps to see if that works for me.
Skipper
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Sweden

Post by Skipper »

Sussamb, would appreciate if you explain how to fix this issue with different maps.
2010 Vulcan 1700 CT (Nomad)
RV Kabe Travelmaster 880 LT Royal
Oop North John
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

Oop North John wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:57 pm I might try reinstalling the maps to see if that works for me.
It didn't :( and when I download a route and open it up for the first time in trip planner the miles has increased by about 50%. Forcing it from motorcycle to car gets the mileage about the same, and then if I change it back to motorcycle the mileage stays the same.

In my XT it does show it as 2021.10, but Basecamp shows 2021.1 but the Map Product Manager shows it as 2021.10 though I only see the base map when looking at the maps in Basecamp. :?

Garmin do really seem to be excelling themselves at the moment :evil:
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (71.97 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Skipper wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:17 pm Sussamb, would appreciate if you explain how to fix this issue with different maps.
This problem occurred once before a few years ago now. The fix then was to rename the map on your device by adding the missing zero. Normally I'd suggest renaming it using JaVaWa's Device Manager but other posts on this forum suggest it doesn't see the XT version. So instead use JaVaWa's GMTK program to rename the map on your PC and remove the final zero

https://www.javawa.nl/gmtk_en.html
Skipper
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Sweden

Post by Skipper »

Tks, Sussamb
2010 Vulcan 1700 CT (Nomad)
RV Kabe Travelmaster 880 LT Royal
Oop North John
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

Well I can beat the "maps not recognised so recalculated the route" by sending the routes to the micro SD card I have in my XT, and then importing them into the Trip Planner :D And then the routes look like the Basecamp ones, with similar distances and timing.