Could someone help an old fool please

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
dddd
Australia

Could someone help an old fool please

Post by dddd »

I'm old and stupid and need a bit of help with my new zumo XT I have the following problems
1 All spoken/verbal map directions are played on the small speaker on the base unit (which is obviously useless on a motorcycle), I cant get it to play through the blue tooth head phones
2 When playing my MP3 music (thats in the XT) the main volume control does not work, I have to go into the mixer and use the media to adjust the volume (note MP3 play's through the blue tooth head phones)
Can anyone help me with this please ??
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Re: Could someone help an old fool please

Post by simoncrewe »

dddd wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:55 pm I'm old and stupid and need a bit of help with my new zumo XT I have the following problems
1 All spoken/verbal map directions are played on the small speaker on the base unit (which is obviously useless on a motorcycle), I cant get it to play through the blue tooth head phones
2 When playing my MP3 music (thats in the XT) the main volume control does not work, I have to go into the mixer and use the media to adjust the volume (note MP3 play's through the blue tooth head phones)
Have you checked that the unit is set to 'motorcycle' mode? You should see a bike icon in the top left hand corner of the display.
Have you paired the head phones to the 'head set' bluetooth section on the XT. Is it a headset or bluetooth ear buds?

The unit should recognise which mode it is being used in, When used in a car powered by the USB my unit switches to car mode. When on my bike it changes to MC mode.
dddd
Australia

Post by dddd »

Thanks for your reply
The zumo is in motorcycle mode, the Bluetooth unit that I'm using is paired to the zumo as I can easily play my MP3 files (that are in the zumo) through it, but unfortunately it will not play the navigation verbal directions
The Bluetooth unit which is either a sender or a receiver (but not both at the same time) actually has a 3.5 mm Jack which I put my wired earphones into
And yes I have it switched to recieving mode
Hope this sheds a bit more light on the problem
Thinking about it I might be better off using some proper Bluetooth headphones as they allow to and from communications all the time, ie set up for hands-free phone conversations
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Post by simoncrewe »

The other advantage of using a dedicated bluetooth headset, once the XT recognises that its paired, it will activate the telephone menu.

This does not work if the XT cant see a headset.
Dlk

Post by Dlk »

Did you find out howntonsort this issue ibhabe the same problem
Mediathug
United States of America

Post by Mediathug »

dddd wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:55 pm I'm old and stupid and need a bit of help with my new zumo XT I have the following problems
Dear Old and Stupid.... We must be related.

I'm having similar issues....
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1165

If I hear something of an answer, I'll ping you back.
Last edited by Mediathug on Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.