...an Error has occured

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
JohnnyRidesAlone
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

...an Error has occured

Post by JohnnyRidesAlone »

Anyone else getting error message as they try to update their XT. I realize this is the 21st Century and tech features "semi work" but the Garmin has always been good before.
Checkecd cable and it is OK
Ducati Multistrada V4S and ST4s
Every zumo from 550 590 660 XT
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Re: ...an Error has occured

Post by simoncrewe »

JohnnyRidesAlone wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:24 pm Anyone else getting error message as they try to update their XT. I realize this is the 21st Century and tech features "semi work" but the Garmin has always been good before.
Checkecd cable and it is OK
I get it occasionally when using Express, I just try again & it is normally OK. To be honest the only updates I have been getting are for cyclops traffic info, we seem to have been on firmware 2.9 for months.
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

simoncrewe wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:44 pm To be honest the only updates I have been getting are for cyclops traffic info, we seem to have been on firmware 2.9 for months.
Yes - but has anyone else suspected that the behaviour of the XT changes after some of these updates that are for something of no consequence ?
I haven't been able to put my finger on it - because when I spot a change, I can't go back to how it was before in order to confirm it.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
JohnnyRidesAlone
Great Britain

Today was more of the same, Update..no connection..reconnect..no connection..try again connecting. Update reboots no connection. Reboot PC and device connection. Update starts again. Rinse repeat. Come back to it in a few days. Most definitely much more unstable in the update area i hope this does not come over to the operation of the unit on the bike because if it does i may as well use the phone where I can get this kind of stability constantly
Exurban
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
United States of America

Post by Exurban »

I turned mine on, connected to WiFi, checked for update. It found it in seconds and took a few minutes to download and update. Says 5.9. Is there a reason to have used Express on a PC? Did I not do it correctly?
JohnnyRidesAlone
Great Britain

Yep don't really want big maps downloading by WIFI, but may have to revert to that. At this time it looks like after all the connections are made and i confirm data link on the XT it connect in around 60 seconds
tourman
United States of America

Post by tourman »

Going thru the same thing trying to upgrade the map. Frustrating :evil:
JohnnyRidesAlone
Great Britain

Other point is this used to be seamless, having gone through the "MAP will not fit" frigg on the 550 and 660 i thought these days were over. But nothing like an update to mugg things up
Exurban
Been liked: 8 times
United States of America

Post by Exurban »

Last time I tried to update the maps it said my PC didn’t have enough hard drive space. Stupid me, I thought 64 GB would be sufficient not knowing Windows 10 used most of it? So I connected the XT directly to WiFi and like the firmware update, worked fast and fine.

My 700i has to use Express to update maps and it didn’t have any issues, nor using WiFi to update its firmware.
raza
Been liked: 7 times
Slovenia

Post by raza »

New Express is aut v.7.4.1.0