XT Does Not Pass Rain Test

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
motocheck
Has liked: 1 time
Canada

Re: XT Does Not Pass Rain Test

Post by motocheck »

I think some unit have QC issues. Mine worked fine on hard rain.
V-Tom
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 15 times
Canada

Post by V-Tom »

My XT has been through several near torrential downpours with no issues whatsoever.

..Tom
cr0100
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times
United States of America

Post by cr0100 »

I'll just jump in to say "me too" - I've ridden in the rain a few times with the XT and it's passed with flying colors.

If your device let water in... contact Garmin and let 'em take care of you - that's what a warranty is for, right?
woodyflyer
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by woodyflyer »

While riding in the rain my XT screen went wild and not responding to my glove inputs and total unusable, had to stop and complete dry the screen, but as soon as the screen became wet again it went wild again.
I contacted Garmin and they replied asking if a screen protector was fitted ?
My XT has tempered glass screen protector fitted .
Garmin next reply said that it was the screen protector that caused the issue !
So for those who have had no issues in the rain - Do you have a screen protector fitted or not , just in case Garmin are blaming the screen protector rather than the XT.

Interested to hear the comments

Woody
XIKO29
Been liked: 1 time
Portugal

Post by XIKO29 »

Well, i have one but isn't from tempered glass so, if Garmin is correct, even if i don't have problems, can't be used as a comparison.

You have to compare, at least first, with those who use tempered glass screen protector.
woodyflyer
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by woodyflyer »

Thanks XIK029
Garmin did not ask what type of screen protector .

There reply was-
Thank you for contacting Garmin, if you are using a screen protector this may cause an issue as it affects sensitivity and allows water to pool on your device.

My screen was unusable not sensitive to the touch and as it's fitted above the dash its screen is vertical so no water pools just wet !

Cheers
Woody
XIKO29
Been liked: 1 time
Portugal

Post by XIKO29 »

I wasn't referring to Garmin (at the moment i really don't care because they removed the ability to choose which apps we want to receive notifications from, like on 595LM and Smartphone Link, and said to me that if many people asks for it, they'll considered 🤦‍♂️).

I meant for you to compare with other users here. That way you can, at least, see if it can be from the tempered glass protector or if it happens with all.

If it doesn't happen with "normal" screen protectors, remove yours and give a try without any kind of protection; if it happens also with other screen protectors, try to record that malfunction without the screen protector, send it to Garmin, and ask for send an RMA.

Cheers
Exurban
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
United States of America

Post by Exurban »

Back in June I reported being in some heavy rain with no issues. Since then I’ve been in rain several more times, still with no issues. No screen protector.
Kwakstak
Great Britain

Post by Kwakstak »

I've just found out with my new Garmin XT that it doesn't like rain either. On removing it from it's mount the so called waterproof mounting bracket was full of water. So it kept turning it self off until it obviously dried itselft. Spoke to Garmin, and they're just sending me a new cable??? Not sure what that's going to do. Any help gratefully received!!!!!
JohnnyRidesAlone
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Post by JohnnyRidesAlone »

The rain would work the menu on mine, ended up in all kinds or areas i did not know it had.
Ducati Multistrada V4S and ST4s
Every zumo from 550 590 660 XT