Trip planner crashed

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Milu23771
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times
Italy

Trip planner crashed

Post by Milu23771 »

Hello everyone, when you open the saved trips page, you see the blue loading wheel that keeps spinning, and every trip I try to import, either from Basecamp with USB cable or from mobile phone via Drive, the route calculation remains locked at 0%. Has this ever happened to anyone? And how can I solve? Thanks
Milu23771
Italy

Re: Trip planner crashed

Post by Milu23771 »

No One can help me?
Fred D.

Post by Fred D. »

I don't have the XT nor use Trip Planner but I might suggest checking your operating system and Windows requirements for Trip Planner.

Windows® Requirements
IBM-compatible computer running WIN Vista x64 and later. App cannot be installed on Win 7 (no SP) as this is not compatible with .Net framework 4.6
Microsoft® .NET framework 4.6; a current version of .NET will be installed if needed
A video card that supports OpenGL version 1.3 or later to view 3-D terrain
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 195 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

I think I'd start by making sure the maps I'm using for planning and the maps on the XT are exactly the same. With previous devices, different map sets created problems.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
Milu23771
Italy

Post by Milu23771 »

Grazie per le vostre risposte, ma il Trip planner ha smesso di colpo di funzionare, mostrando il cerchietto di caricamento sempre in primo piano. Avevo già caricato sul dispositivo parecchi tracciati di prova, sia da Basecamp via USB, sia da cellulare, creandoli con Osmand e trasferendoli via Garmin Drive. Ho diverse mappe installate su Basecamp, ma creando i percorsi selezionavo le stesse del dispositivo e tutto funzionava. Ora il Trip Planner è bloccato e il dispositivo non calcola il percorso una volta trasferito il GPX. Non riesce più nemmeno a convertire una traccia trasferita in un percorso, si blocca sempre allo 0%. Domani mattina contatterò assistenza Garmin.
Milu23771
Italy

Post by Milu23771 »

Thanks for your answers, but the Trip planner stopped working all of a sudden, showing the loading circle always on top. I had already uploaded several test tracks to the device, both from Basecamp via USB and from mobile, creating them with Osmand and transferring them via Garmin Drive. I have several maps installed on Basecamp, but creating the routes I selected the same ones of the device and everything worked. The Trip Planner is now locked and the device does not calculate the route once the GPX has been transferred. It can no longer even convert a transferred track to a path, it always crashes at 0%. Tomorrow morning I will contact Garmin support.
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Sounds like you may have sent a corrupted .gpx file. I suspect you'll be advised to delete all the gpx files on your device and then do a master reset. You may want to do that anyway before you call them.
Milu23771
Italy

Post by Milu23771 »

Scusate, come è la procedura per formattare il dispositivo?
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Try the steps on page 19 of the manual
Milu23771
Italy