Sovraffollamento mappe?

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Milu23771
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times
Italy

Sovraffollamento mappe?

Post by Milu23771 »

Hello everyone, I ask the most experienced again for info, because I'm in trouble with my XT. In my area, Northern Italy very close to the border with France, the coverage of Garmin maps, especially for dirt roads, is sometimes not entirely accurate. Navigating towards my land, reachable via a large dirt road, he made me navigate the last kilometers in a straight line, which was not the case with Osmand. So I installed OSMs, but on the SD card, often after copying 4, it only saw 1 or 2. So I tried to copy them directly to the Map folder of the device. There all the maps inserted can be seen, but on the other hand the Topo Europe North East has disappeared. Maybe the device supports a maximum number of maps? And why doesn't he see them all on the SD? Do I recover the original Topo by reinstalling from Garmin Express?
Furthermore, even the paths created with Basecamp, if imported on the SD card, does not recognize them. The card is formatted in FAT 32 and I have created a "Garmin" folder inside it. Where am I wrong?
Thanks in advance to those who want to help me. Hi
colirv
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 35 times
Great Britain

Re: Sovraffollamento mappe?

Post by colirv »

Have you looked at Garmin's MapInstall? It might help. Then again, it might not!
Colin
BMW R1250RS
Milu23771
Italy

Post by Milu23771 »

Thanks you for your answer, i tryed to install Maps with mapinstall, buy i could not see all the Maps intalled. You Will excuse my bad english
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 354 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

All devices have a limit to the number of map tiles, I don't know what that is on the XT but it's possible with the number of maps you have the limit has been exceeded. Once it has the remaining maps won't be shown.
Milu23771
Italy

Post by Milu23771 »

Yes, in fact, I realized that by deleting the added maps from the Map Folder, the original Topo reappeared immediately. Thanks for the info. Hi