Map updates

For everything Garmin Zumo 450/550 related
Pockets
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Map updates

Post by Pockets »

Hi again, just need a bit of advise relating to purchasing new maps for my 550, i keep getting prompts from Garmin to update my maps, but due to the age of the unit and the price of renewal I’m trying to evaluate the justification of purchasing new maps. Not to sure just how much the new maps are (around the £75 mark) but considering the price of a new satnav against the updates what is the better option?
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Re: Map updates

Post by Stu »

[mention]Pockets[/mention] I was in the same situation with my old tomtom and thats how I ended up with a new sat nav and was my first try with a zumo!

I have just upgraded my 590 to the XT just because I am a spoilt twat :lol:

As a result my 590 is up for sale and I am negotiable ;)

It comes with lifetime maps :D

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=997
Pockets
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Post by Pockets »

How strange is that, I saw your ebay item just before I posted my question. Still not sure what I won’t to do, stick with what I’ve got, update what I’ve got or like you up grade to a more modern up to date system. The problem for me is the group I ride with all have GS’S with the real fancy all singing all dancing TFT screens so I don’t really need a satnav I can always rely on one of them taking the lead. And its nearly at the end of the season for me (don’t ride in the cold and rain) so its something to think about for next year (virus allowing).
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

I was the same about the end of season but the XT was reduced so I just bought it :lol:

If you are interested as I say I am negotiable on the price and would rather not sell through ebay as the fees are out of this world!