Favorites Info Changed

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for MAC then please post in this section.
burtsr
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Favorites Info Changed

Post by burtsr »

This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. I uploaded my favorites to both my 665 and my 595. All the addresses have been changed. The coordinates are correct and they show in the proper place on the map, but the address, including my house, have been change to one of 3 different addresses.

I have a lot of backups of my favorites. When I import one of my backups it changes them also.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Of course Garmin can't explain it and said they have never heard of it.
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: Favorites Info Changed

Post by sussamb »

Sounds like you have some stray gpx files. Open the GPX folder through your PC and delete all the .gpx files. Reboot your device and delete all your favourites then resend the correct ones using BaseCamp.
burtsr
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Post by burtsr »

Did that, also reset the entire Zumo back to factory defaults.

It changes the information in Basecamp. So it uploads the wrong information.

I had this happen once before about a year ago. I had to completely delete Basecamp from my Mac and reinstall it to get it to behave.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Your Zumo cannot change the information you have in BaseCamp unless you import data from your Zumo. If you delete all the gpx files as I explained and then using the menu on your Zumo delete all your favourites they'll be nothing there to import.