XT with Sena SRL and iPhone

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
kal800

XT with Sena SRL and iPhone

Post by kal800 »

Hi,

Firstly, I'd like to say Hello to you, as it is my first topic here. I'm Kris and I come from Poland.

I'm planning to buy a motorcycle navigation and the first choice is XT, as I have plenty of other Garmin devices and I'm happy with them.

Now, I've got some questions regarding integration with my phone and headset. Apart from route planning and navigation this is the most important feature for me. I assume, that I will pair my iphone and my headset to XT which will become a hub for all devices. Questions:

1. Can I receive calls (seeing caller number on the display) using XT and talk by means on headset? Can I receive SMS or Whatsapp notifications on XT display?
2. What if I am on the group intercom mode on my headset and there is a call incoming? If I answer it on XT, does it switch from intercom to phone?
3. If I go for a short town trip and leave XT unit home - should I make BT pairing between Sena headset and Iphone each time?
4. What about iphone's phonebook - does XT sync it somehow?
5. What about music playing - is it possible to operate Tidal on XT?

Any comments much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kris
TripleThreat719
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 31 times
United States of America

Re: XT with Sena SRL and iPhone

Post by TripleThreat719 »

1. Can I receive calls (seeing caller number on the display) using XT and talk by means on headset? Yes
1 a. Can I receive SMS or Whatsapp notifications on XT display? SMS for sure... not sure about Whatsapp
2. What if I am on the group intercom mode on my headset and there is a call incoming? If I answer it on XT, does it switch from intercom to phone? Yes
3. If I go for a short town trip and leave XT unit home - should I make BT pairing between Sena headset and iPhone each time? Your iPhone should recognize the Sena in the absence of the GPS. You may have to tell the iPhone to connect in Bluetooth settings, but it should be there as a unique connection in addition to the Zumo (assuming you have set up the connection).
4. What about iPhone's phonebook - does XT sync it somehow? Yes
5. What about music playing - is it possible to operate Tidal on XT? Not familiar with Tidal, but I can stream from Spotify, Pandora or Amazon Music, in addition to the music app native to the iPhone. You can also load music onto the Zumo and use it as the source for the audio output instead of the phone. This is very handy if you ride in areas without good cell service. I am assuming, if Tidal is a music streaming app, it should work just as the others do.

2 iPhone apps you will want to install are Garmin Drive and Garmin Explore. Drive controls all of the notifications your receive from your phone and Explore is the tool you can utilize to manage tracks and waypoints.