Quick connectors

For everything Garmin Zumo 345/350 related
brianski
Great Britain

Quick connectors

Post by brianski »

Hi All
Is it possible to fit a male/female plug and socket to the power cable on the Zumo 345 so I can remove the whole mount and nav from the bike without having to either take the mount apart or or uninstall the complete cable from the bike as I don't always want the mount on the bike without the satnav?
Cheers
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Re: Quick connectors

Post by Stu »

I did it on my 590

Not sure what connectors you have on the 345 or what you use

On the 590 you have a USB and 3 other inputs/outputs but because I don't use these and only use Bluetooth I split the cable and only wired the power side to a connector

I also had to open the mount and remove the other wiring plugs just to make sure the wires don't short out and cause damage
brianski
Great Britain

Post by brianski »

What I'd like to do is split the cable in two close to the mount and then put on a male and female connector in line but I don't know if anyone has done this or not or whether it's possible.
yorky
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by yorky »

OK, I can't comment on your specific GPS but I have a Montana that I use on my trail bike. I have recently (last week) changed bikes and therefore had to move the mount etc to the new bike. The Montana had a load of wires in the loom for audio in/out etc etc, none of which I needed, which all culminated in a bulky connection. I reckoned that I only needed a live and a negative going from the battery to the mount, so I simply cut the cable, removing all the audio wires, bulky connectors etc, and ran a 2 core from battery to mount, connected using bullet connectors. And it works fine.