Garmin Express cant see Zumo XT

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Ae1m
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Garmin Express cant see Zumo XT

Post by Ae1m »

I have multiple Garmin devices (Approach 20, Driveassist 51 dashcam, Drivesmart 60, 66ST, FOUR Nuvi 3790's, and a 50. All connect fine with my WIn10 PC via USB and work fine with Express, Basecamp, and Mapsource with the 3790s.

When I plug in the Zumo via USB, it momentarily appears on the list of USB devices, then disappears. After disappearing, it still shows up on Basecamp and I can access it fine. However, Gamin Express cannot find it at all. It does show as a drive with the small blue triangle.

I cannot find a menu on the XT to see how it's connecting (ie Mass Storage mode etc).

I see others are using Express, any ideas how to troubleshoot?

Bob
mzeist
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 31 times
Netherlands

Re: Garmin Express cant see Zumo XT

Post by mzeist »

I would start with reinstalling Express.
Last edited by mzeist on Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Groet, Marcel.
ST1300 - Etrex Vista, 60CS, Co300, SPIII, SP2610, Nuvi760, Zumo660, Or650, Nuvi3590, Zumo590/5, Zumo XT
Ae1m
United States of America

Post by Ae1m »

I do not understand what to re-install. If you mean Garmin Express, I'd like to understand how that would help since it works fine for all my other GARMIN GPS devices (and golf watch).
mzeist
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 31 times
Netherlands

Post by mzeist »

sorry, yes I ment Express. Maybe reinstalling will reset things like updating the garmin usb driver.
Groet, Marcel.
ST1300 - Etrex Vista, 60CS, Co300, SPIII, SP2610, Nuvi760, Zumo660, Or650, Nuvi3590, Zumo590/5, Zumo XT
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Ae1m wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:34 pm I do not understand what to re-install. If you mean Garmin Express, I'd like to understand how that would help since it works fine for all my other GARMIN GPS devices (and golf watch).
Try the steps in this FAQ https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=l ... J3vH2b5pF6
JS_racer
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by JS_racer »

when connected via usb, does it say usb connection detected, file transfer mode, on the XT,
then the XT goes to a different black screen saying garmin, then reboots,

continue or cancel are the options, or it does it on its own if left untouched. all on the XT
Ae1m
United States of America

Post by Ae1m »

I does give the continue or cancel with a time countdown. I hit CONTINUE and it does black out for a second. Like I said, it shows up as a device but not as a USB device so I think that’s why EXPRESS doesnt see it. Basecamp sees it and I can send waypoints etc.... I have a bunch of other Garmin devices that do show as USB when connected just fine, not the XT. it DOES show as a USB device and Express works on my MacBook Pro and WIn7 PC, just not on Win10 PC (Lenovo). All the other Garmin devices show as USB on all platforms.

Odd with the XT.
JS_racer
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by JS_racer »

strange, win10 here, works as intended
cr0100
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times
United States of America

Post by cr0100 »

JS_racer wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:57 am when connected via usb, does it say usb connection detected, file transfer mode, on the XT,
then the XT goes to a different black screen saying garmin, then reboots,

continue or cancel are the options, or it does it on its own if left untouched. all on the XT
I had this problem with my XT on my Mac (and on my wife's Win10 machine) and found that if I disabled bluetooth on the XT first, THEN plugged it in, I did not get stuck in that "boot loop". Took me FOREVER to figure that out and I'm not sure why it works but it works for me.
Hddeluxe
Sweden

Post by Hddeluxe »

Also have had problems to connect to BC on my Mac. Sometimes when trying BC just quits.
Trying with BT disabled and finally BC saw the XT! Could transfer data to the Mac, but could not see the XT units on my desktop. So the SD-card with mp3 will be handled separately.

One more thing, I could not find a way to ‘eject‘ the XT, so I just quit out from BC.
🇸🇪 Harley Davidson FLSTNSE Deluxe CVO 2014