new Xt will not recognize BT device .

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
anothermuddycreek
United States of America

new Xt will not recognize BT device .

Post by anothermuddycreek »

i have a 2017 gl1800 GW . Just bought the $$$$ new zumo xt $$$$ .i want to run the voice prompts through the bike speakers . i have the b t dongel
from Ele Connection . the xt shows the device connected but will not show that it recognizes it . any ideas. P.S. i am not spending any more $$$
for more Bluetooth, pink eye, brownnose, overpriced junk. this is as far as i go.
Grouchy old Fart .
Breezly
Subscriber
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 32 times
United States of America

Re: new Xt will not recognize BT device .

Post by Breezly »

I honestly don't understand what you mean when you say that "the xt shows the device connected but will not show that it recognizes it".

I had no issues at all pairing my cheap Amazon bluetooth dongle to the Aux input of my GW. I don't recall if there is a choice but it should be paired as a headset not a phone.

Check the pairing and if still in doubt call EC - They have excellent customer service.
Learn Garmin Basecamp with New England Riders Tutorial:
https://www.newenglandriders.org/learn-basecamp/
anothermuddycreek
United States of America

Re: new Xt will not recognize BT device .

Post by anothermuddycreek »

allow me to clarify, i want to hear the voice prompts from the zumo xt through the bike speakers, not the headphones or to a phone.
the E.C device is part # 03215 which will run the voice prompt from the Zumo through the bike speakers. following Garmins instructions for pairing a device. from the Settings menu , click on connecting to a wi-fi network,>bluetooth &wi-fi setting, next prompt shows e.c device
connected, next prompt shows " no device found. zero help from Garmin ,tech did not know what the Zumo g.p.s was. my nuvi 3597 lasted 6 years was 10 times easier to use & weather& traffic was free. only cost me $275 . should have bought 4 of them when i had the chance.
process sucks .....