How to share locations and routes to Garmin Drive (iOS)??

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
adm

How to share locations and routes to Garmin Drive (iOS)??

Post by adm »

So I am trying to figure out how to get certain apps to share locations or routes to Garmin Drive - with the hope I can then get them wirelessly to my XT.

In Apple Maps, if I select a location and "share" I get options to send to various Apps - one of which is Drive. No problem - it works fine and sends the location straight to the XT.

In Google Maps however, I tell it to share and Drive is not available as an option.But it will let me share it to Messages, Mail, Kindle, LinkedIn and others - none of which are any use for navigation at all!!!

In MyRouteApp (Navigation), I select a route and tell it to share. Same behaviour. Drive is not listed but loads of other Apps are.

S does anyone know why this might be and how to fix it? I was under the impression that I should be able to share routes to Drive from both of these apps.

I can't find any way to add Drive to the list of sharing options either. There is a "more" option, but clicking through that only lists a selection of Apps that doesn't include Drive and there is no way to add it.

Given that it works with Apple Maps, it's clear that the interface works - so why isn't that option available in other Apps?

Anyway - very frustrating. Does anybody have a clue?

Thanks!
Hati
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times
Australia

Re: How to share locations and routes to Garmin Drive (iOS)??

Post by Hati »

No clue why this is happening to you, but I can tell you that MyRouteApp shares fine on my phone (iPhone 11) to Garmin Drive. Apart of this (Drive) app from Garmin, I also have Smart Link and Garmin Explore installed, if that makes a difference.
adm

Re: How to share locations and routes to Garmin Drive (iOS)??

Post by adm »

I have done a bit more research on this and it appears that it may be because my phone (iPhone 11 Pro) has Device Management on it from my work. This could be the reason that certain apps are prevented from sharing their "share sheets".

I've put a ticket in with the IT department to see if they can add MRA and Google Maps to what is presumably an approved App list.....but going by their normal quality of response I don't hold out much hope....