Custom Startup Splash Screen on the XT?

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
mrmagloo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
United States of America

Custom Startup Splash Screen on the XT?

Post by mrmagloo »

Hi guys. I just upgraded from the 660 to the XT and I'm trying to work through a couple of things. I figured I'd start with the easy one, lol.

On the 660, you could come up with your own custom start up screen configured to 480px x 210px and sticking it in the JPEG folder. There was no similar folder already on the XT, so I copied the folder and file to the same place, and no go.

I then searched the entire internal and didn't see any jpg's, so I'm wondering if anyone has sorted this out? Obviously, this is a very low priority thing.

Thanks.
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Re: Custom Startup Splash Screen on the XT?

Post by simoncrewe »

mrmagloo wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:25 pm Hi guys. I just upgraded from the 660 to the XT and I'm trying to work through a couple of things. I figured I'd start with the easy one, lol.

On the 660, you could come up with your own custom start up screen configured to 480px x 210px and sticking it in the JPEG folder. There was no similar folder already on the XT, so I copied the folder and file to the same place, and no go.

I then searched the entire internal and didn't see any jpg's, so I'm wondering if anyone has sorted this out? Obviously, this is a very low priority thing.

Thanks.
Some of the guys on the Dutch FB forum have modified the start up page to show ownership details, but that is via the text only, using the attached link. You may have to translate it. https://www.javawa.nl/opstartzumo.html? ... GSglYkvIZc.
mrmagloo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
United States of America

Re: Custom Startup Splash Screen on the XT?

Post by mrmagloo »

Thanks bud - That's a start!

On follow up, it appears that their converter only works on NL and will only output in that language. I cannot see any instructions on how to manually edit the system files. I actually couldn't associate the logic to look for a en_US.glx as that doesn't exist. That must be the default language so it doesn't seem that trick will work for US English. :(

However, it's nice to see some folks are looking under the hood. Thanks again!