Locking device for the XT

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
groundhog719
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times
United States of America

Re: Locking device for the XT

Post by groundhog719 »

The WaayPoint Zumo Lock has been "Sent to the country of destination" for 3 weeks now.

Bummed to see that others have waited months. I have a long trip planned and really want the GPS to be secured.

I'll quit whining now and suck it up! ;)
groundhog719
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times
United States of America

Post by groundhog719 »

I asked WayPoint to request a search from PostNL (shipper) 3 times now in the last 2 weeks. They (politely) refused the first 2 times. Now, at 4 weeks and 3 requests I finally got them to request a search from PostNL. However, evidentially they have not received a response from PostNL, so WayPoint is shipping a new one.

Tracking shows this new one is not expected for 5 days or more.

I really wanted some protection for my new Zumo XT while traveling. Guess not.
sd129
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Post by sd129 »

I ordered a ZumoLock a couple of weeks ago and it arrived about 4 days later. Then again, to get to the UK it didn't have to cross the Atlantic, or deal with USPS!
fortizgarcia
Been liked: 6 times

Post by fortizgarcia »

Hi all, just in case that anyone is interested in get the touratech bracket for the XT.

Some weeks ago, I jointed to a waiting list in Touratech for the Garmin XT mount, and yesterday the people jointed in the list have received an email saying that at this moment the date for release is end of August and there is still no price for it.

Enviado desde mi SM-G973F mediante Tapatalk

PeterLG
Great Britain

Post by PeterLG »

Having read the comments I have researched and found that Turatech are new advertising a lock for the XT. At the price of around £120 or close to that for a much bulkier item, I have placed an oreder for the Zumolock from waypoint.
PeterLG
Great Britain

Post by PeterLG »

Following on from my previous message. Here is a link to the current touratech device for Locking the XT.
Not sure if it is the same as you were wanting for an existing team.

Any comments please would be st welcome

https://shop.touratech-uk.co.uk/handleb ... black.html
fortizgarcia
Been liked: 6 times

Post by fortizgarcia »

Yes, it is on pre-sale now.
Skipper
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Sweden

Post by Skipper »

I am sure Touratech has is a good lock for the unit, although a bit complicated in its construction
as was the previos one in my opinion.

What I ask myself is if there also is provisions to protect the RAM mount from being unscrewed
which is quite easy otherwise. Can't really find out from the description provided.
2010 Vulcan 1700 CT (Nomad)
RV Kabe Travelmaster 880 LT Royal
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 41 times
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

Skipper wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:05 pm What I ask myself is if there also is provisions to protect the RAM mount from being unscrewed
which is quite easy otherwise. Can't really find out from the description provided.
All the RAM mounts I've ever had had a handle to undo the extension clamp, I use something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A2-STAINLESS ... SwZ2pcbGPP to replace the handle so it's harder for a nasty person to take away the clamp / GPS mount. Quite a bit cheaper than this from RAM https://www.ram-mount.co.uk/7-pinlock%C ... 55aoip04d4
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Post by simoncrewe »

Skipper wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:05 pm I am sure Touratech has is a good lock for the unit, although a bit complicated in its construction
as was the previos one in my opinion.

What I ask myself is if there also is provisions to protect the RAM mount from being unscrewed
Most people normally mount the TT mounts onto a 'bar' 12mm or flat on a dash / nav tower. They are supplied with 12mm clamps to suit a bar type application. I don't think I have seen one used in connection with a ram mount.

I am not a big fan of Touratech stuff, but these mounts are very well made, (the one for my Quest was) and offer a secure platform versus the cheesy XT mount.

I will definitely be buying one, once they are freely available.