Dashboard choices

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Triplog
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Dashboard choices

Post by Triplog »

I'm currently using a Montana 680 but I like the size of the xt screen. Is it possible to have a "clean" map screen on the xt (when not navigating) I.e. with no banners? One of the many advantages of the Montana is the ability to have numerous profiles with as much or little (or no ) information as desired, so the whole screen area can be taken up by the map alone.
Thanks
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Re: Dashboard choices

Post by simoncrewe »

Triplog wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:38 pm I'm currently using a Montana 680 but I like the size of the xt screen. Is it possible to have a "clean" map screen on the xt (when not navigating) I.e. with no banners? One of the many advantages of the Montana is the ability to have numerous profiles with as much or little (or no ) information as desired, so the whole screen area can be taken up by the map alone.
Thanks
I have a Montana also & an XT, if you are hoping for a clean map as in the recreation mode, no the XT always has a banner at the top & fields in the corners.
However, as a road going unit the XT is in another league altogether to the Montana. I think the Montana is more rugged & better suited to off road use, which is what I use it for.
The display on the XT and the speed of operation is fantastic. I am finding it a very good unit.
Triplog
Great Britain

Post by Triplog »

Thanks for the reply and the info. Yes I have to agree that the Montana can be a bit frustrating on road!
As an additional question then do you find the screen area on the xt, with the banners, is more than on the Montana?
Someone did post on a forum a programming "hack" to make the banners transparent (on an older Zumo model) which helped quite a bit - but my brain won't let me recall where or when!!!
Thanks again
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Post by simoncrewe »

Triplog wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:14 pm Thanks for the reply and the info. Yes I have to agree that the Montana can be a bit frustrating on road!
As an additional question then do you find the screen area on the xt, with the banners, is more than on the Montana?
Someone did post on a forum a programming "hack" to make the banners transparent (on an older Zumo model) which helped quite a bit - but my brain won't let me recall where or when!!!
Thanks again
Screen size on the XT 120mm X 60mm excluding banner (blocks of text in bottom corners)
Montana 90mm X 50mm

Hope that helps.
Triplog
Great Britain

Post by Triplog »

Yep, that helps!
Thank you.