speed camera and red light included ??

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
JS_racer
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

speed camera and red light included ??

Post by JS_racer »

so in the usa, north america, are the speed cameras and redlight cameras included ??
i see under purchase in garmin express, but not applicable to my product.
i don't see it listed under other areas either..

i called garmin support, the callback was nice, that was like 30 minutes, then another 30 minutes checking on the speed camera and webshare in garmin explore.

I was told that they thought red light and speed camera is a subscription on the xt, and not included?? and not compatible at this time. their would also be an annual cost subscription ??
i thought it was included with the purchase price ??
Vespamarc
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Belgium

Re: speed camera and red light included ??

Post by Vespamarc »

They must be in your XT under POI
communicator
Been liked: 6 times
France

Post by communicator »

Is it possible to load .csv files with POILOADER as I did with the Zumo 660?
On s'en fout de connaitre la vérité, l'essentiel c'est d'avoir raison (Me Eric Dupond-Moretti)
It doesn't matter what the truth is, the important thing is to be right (French Lawyer Eric Dupond-Moretti

Fun is not a straight line !!!!
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Post by simoncrewe »

communicator wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:02 pm Is it possible to load .csv files with POILOADER as I did with the Zumo 660?
That is what I do with mine, I buy a European database with all the information.
simoncrewe
Great Britain

Post by simoncrewe »

JS_racer wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:52 pm so in the usa, north america, are the speed cameras and redlight cameras included ??
i see under purchase in garmin express, but not applicable to my product.
i don't see it listed under other areas either..

i called garmin support, the callback was nice, that was like 30 minutes, then another 30 minutes checking on the speed camera and webshare in garmin explore.

I was told that they thought red light and speed camera is a subscription on the xt, and not included?? and not compatible at this time. their would also be an annual cost subscription ??
i thought it was included with the purchase price ??
It is certainly not very clear in USA see attached https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/679804 go to the bottom of the page & see note '4'.
I do find it shocking that Garmin themselves cannot tell you one way or the other, surely they must have a listing of the regions that are not covered?
It is relatively simple for us here in the UK & Europe it is on the unit & subscription free.
JS_racer
United States of America

Post by JS_racer »

Yeah, it's strange. They seemed to be working from home, would put me on hold, then try to answer.. he apologize for not having a good answer 1 way or the other.
People were saying garmin express updates the database, that's what got me looking around in it. (I would have thought they would have updated over wifi or garmin drive)

Not sure how to confirm if in fact I do or don't have them, or how to check the poi file for them. I do have an alert setting for something like red light cameras or something.

Thanks again for your time.
V-Tom
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 15 times
Canada

Post by V-Tom »

The phone support people are working from home.

There's this virus thing that has caused a lot of companies to have as many staff members as possible to work from home.

..Tim
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 41 times
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

JS_racer wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:08 pm People were saying garmin express updates the database, that's what got me looking around in it. (I would have thought they would have updated over wifi or garmin drive)
That's my impression of how it works, as I've never seen an update for it flagged on the XT. Unless it's doing it very quickly, and without asking my permission, which is not how that seems to work both in Express and on the XT.
JS_racer
United States of America

Post by JS_racer »

V-Tom wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:17 am The phone support people are working from home.

There's this virus thing that has caused a lot of companies to have as many staff members as possible to work from home.

..Tim
Correct, thats what he had said on the phone, as well as the recorded message.
simoncrewe
Great Britain

Post by simoncrewe »

Oop North John wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:31 am
JS_racer wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:08 pm People were saying garmin express updates the database, that's what got me looking around in it. (I would have thought they would have updated over wifi or garmin drive)
That's my impression of how it works, as I've never seen an update for it flagged on the XT. Unless it's doing it very quickly, and without asking my permission, which is not how that seems to work both in Express and on the XT.
Cyclops speed camera database definitely updates via Garmin Express & not the XT itself, I seem to get an update almost daily.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (23.16 KiB) Viewed 2483 times