Live Track equivalent?

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
tcbandituk
Has liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Live Track equivalent?

Post by tcbandituk »

OK, so Garmin have dropped the Live Track function that I had on the 396, which is a shame as it was useful.
Is there an equivalent on the XT or in the Drive app at all?
I've looked but can't see anything....
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Re: Live Track equivalent?

Post by simoncrewe »

Does this help you - viewtopic.php?f=48&t=671
REHTony
Been liked: 1 time
Sweden

Post by REHTony »

Hi!

So far I haven't been able to share realtime trips with Garmin Explore without owning a inReach unit and a subscription. I've only managed to share saved tracks with Explore and MapShare to friends and family.

I'd be happy to hear if someone has managed to configure something more similiar to "LiveTrack" with the Zumo XT!
Garmin Zumo XT
Royal Enfield Himalayan
Sweden
tcbandituk
Has liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by tcbandituk »

Had a look at Garmin Explore and Drive, neither seems to have anything like Live Track.
axamax
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 10 times
Great Britain

Post by axamax »

I too find Livetracks ommision disappointing. I couldn't find a way of sharing tracks with Garmin Explore app without buying an inreach unit.
As an alternative I use Bubbler GPS app on my phone linked to Spotwalla ( www.bubblergps.com ). You can share a track point every five minutes and share your trip with whoever needs to see it. Oh and it's free.
REHTony
Been liked: 1 time
Sweden

Post by REHTony »

Without an inReach unit and a subscription you can only share saved tracks with friends by using the Explore app and Mapshare. So to be able to share you have to stop tracking, press "Save" on Zumo XT and then explicit share it with the Explore app. It's doable if you do it evertime you take a break but it's nowhere like LiveTrack unfortunately.

With an inReach paired to XT the sharing is done without the need for user interaction, more like LiveTrack but so much more expensive and more stuff to bring along.

I hope Garmin will make LiveTrack available as an update soon :-)
Garmin Zumo XT
Royal Enfield Himalayan
Sweden