Transfer gpx file on computer to Zumo 396

For everything Garmin Zumo 390/395/396 related
popeye238
Been liked: 1 time
Canada

Transfer gpx file on computer to Zumo 396

Post by popeye238 »

I have some routes in gpx file format that I want to be able to use on the 396. Can I transfer them to the 396 (how?) and how would I find them to use on the 396?
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Re: Transfer gpx file on computer to Zumo 396

Post by Stu »

Hi and welcome

First of all are the files on your computer or another zumo?

If on a computer then plug in the 396 and browse files on the device if nothing has changed from the 590 that I have then there should be a gpx folder just copy the route in to there

Be aware that if the routes are made in a different programme to Basecamp then the route may differ from the one created and it also depends on the settings in the device

You could also try and either import them to Basecamp (not sure if this is easy) or re create them in Basecamp
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Having transferred them then you will see them in the Trip Planner app. Note your device cannot use every gpx file, so your best bet is to import the file into BaseCamp. If it imports it should work when you send it to your device. If it still doesn't at least it will be in BaseCamp and you can then create a new route that follows the original one, and a route created in BaseCamp will work in your device.
popeye238
Been liked: 1 time
Canada

Post by popeye238 »

Thanks you both, issue resolved.
I had to use BaseCamp to create the routes using the info that was in the original gpx file.
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Great. Thanks for letting us know.