Where are my maps?

Florida Red Wing
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Where are my maps?

Post by Florida Red Wing »

I'll try to make a long story short. The hard drive in my laptop crashed. After installing a new solid state hard drive I am in the process of reinstalling all my software. I now have Mapsource, Basecamp, Garmin Express and MapInstall loaded. I have updated the maps in my Zumo to 2020.1. The most recent maps show up in my Zumo and when using Basecamp. The problem is I hate using Basecamp and the only maps that show up in Mapsource is the 2009.1 maps I installed from a CD.
How do I get Mapsource to recognize the latest version of maps installed on my pc?
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: Where are my maps?

Post by sussamb »

MapSource reads the maps from your PC from the same location that BaseCamp does, so if BC is seeing them so should MS. The difference is that BC will also read them from your Zumo, so is it that difference you're seeing?
Florida Red Wing
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Post by Florida Red Wing »

sussamb wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:12 am MapSource reads the maps from your PC from the same location that BaseCamp does, so if BC is seeing them so should MS. The difference is that BC will also read them from your Zumo, so is it that difference you're seeing?
Thanks for the response sussamb and sorry it took so long to reply. I've been out of town over the week end. I have figured out what was wrong. I loaded Mapsource from an original CD that was a 2009.x version. As soon as I updated to the latest version of Mapsource it is acting normal with one exception. Before my hard drive crashed I could zoom in and out using the mouse wheel. Now the mouse wheel moves the map north and south on the screen. I'm not sure why that is happening and would like to put it back to zooming. If anyone can help me with that I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
FRW
CRracer
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times
United States of America

Post by CRracer »

I know this is old, but in the menus at the top of map source, you can change what happens with wheel movement when you hover icon over map.