North coast 500 (Scotland)

For everything Garmin Zumo 450/550 related
Pockets
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

North coast 500 (Scotland)

Post by Pockets »

Hi again, it’s been quite a while, can anyone tell if its possible to install the north coast 500 onto my satnav? I’ve got next to no know how on technology so it would have be very easy. I have the app installed on my iPhone and ipad but have no idea if its possible to install it to my 550. I don’t have a SD card in my 550 (not even sure what card fits). So if anyone can help I’m all ears and eyes.
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: North coast 500 (Scotland)

Post by sussamb »

Pockets
Great Britain

Post by Pockets »

Mmmm Don’t want to sound ungrateful (or stupid) but what do I do next? I have no idea what I’m supposed to do with the link on the site.I cannot connect the 550 to my ipad or my iPhone so how do I get the file into my 550 (told you I have no teco knowledge) .
Please be gentle.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

You need a pc/laptop and you need to transfer it from there
CollingsBob
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 21 times
Canada

Post by CollingsBob »

I have a NC500 route that I can send you..it starts and finishes in Edinburgh
Certified JB Welder
Pockets
Great Britain

Post by Pockets »

Hi CollingsBob, Thanks for the offer of the NC500 route, what format is the map in? Do you mean a paper map or something I can easily install on my 550? As you can tell from my previous posts I have no idea about installing anything on my satnav I’m a complete numpty when it comes to anything to do with computers. I have installed the app from the apple App Store and that gives you a fair idea of the route and what to look out for but I would like to have the route installed on my 550. I’m not planning to attempt the journey until the middle of this year so I’m in no rush to install it right now but would like see if I could have it on my 550 before I set off.
CollingsBob
Canada

Post by CollingsBob »

I can send it to you as a .gpx file that I created using basecamp with a recent U.K garmin map - you simply import it into basecamp on your computer, tweak it as required, then upload it to your gps..I haven’t had a chance to test it on my garmin zumo 396, but nothing obviously stupid was found by one of the more experienced persons on this forum.
Certified JB Welder
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Pockets wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:54 pm Mmmm Don’t want to sound ungrateful (or stupid) but what do I do next? I have no idea what I’m supposed to do with the link on the site.I cannot connect the 550 to my ipad or my iPhone so how do I get the file into my 550 (told you I have no teco knowledge) .
Please be gentle.
Once you have the gpx file of the route you simply load it into the GPX folder on your device, but for that you need to be able to connect it to a PC or mac. If you can't do that maybe you know someone who could help?
pount68
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by pount68 »

CollingsBob wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:51 pm I can send it to you as a .gpx file that I created using basecamp with a recent U.K garmin map - you simply import it into basecamp on your computer, tweak it as required, then upload it to your gps..I haven’t had a chance to test it on my garmin zumo 396, but nothing obviously stupid was found by one of the more experienced persons on this forum.
Hi there im sorry to jump in on someone elses message we are touring the NC500 this June and are new to using a Zumo 550 so I was wondering if you were able to send me the Map to download for us to use? sorry if this is a bit cheeky but would help us massively thanks
in advance
CollingsBob
Canada

Post by CollingsBob »

pount68 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:11 pm
CollingsBob wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:51 pm I can send it to you as a .gpx file that I created using basecamp with a recent U.K garmin map - you simply import it into basecamp on your computer, tweak it as required, then upload it to your gps..I haven’t had a chance to test it on my garmin zumo 396, but nothing obviously stupid was found by one of the more experienced persons on this forum.
Hi there im sorry to jump in on someone elses message we are touring the NC500 this June and are new to using a Zumo 550 so I was wondering if you were able to send me the Map to download for us to use? sorry if this is a bit cheeky but would help us massively thanks
in advance
Not a problem..pm me your email address..My route starts and finishes in Edinburgh and does the NC500 clockwise
Certified JB Welder