Waypoints are going nuts

For everything Garmin Zumo 660/665 related
burtsr
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Waypoints are going nuts

Post by burtsr »

Since I did the last map update (2020.3) all my waypoints are missed up.

They all look correct in Basecamp on both sides (in the unit & on the computer) but when displaying on the 665 they all give me the same address and weird mileage. For example a waypoint that is 50 miles on the computer is 615 on the 665. The address I get on the 665 is not even a valid waypoint address.

Here is the steps I've tried:

Hard reset
Delete all data (way-points and routes)
Deleted the gpx folder
Reinstalled maps
tried putting just one way point in, same results
Two different computers, one a Mac and one a PC

I'd hate to give up my 665 it does everything I want well. I've tried the new 595 and hated it. I miss my XM and it seems to always redo my carefully made routes.

Is there any way to go back one map update. It all worked before?

Anyone have a suggestion

Thanks
burtsr
United States of America

Re: Waypoints are going nuts

Post by burtsr »

After more examining I seems that the waypoints are all correct EXCEPT the address displayed on the unit is wrong. They are all the same address that isn't even in any of my other waypoints.

I have two 665 and I'm having the same problem with each.
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

What address IS displaying? Have you allowed the unit to get a satellite lock? Is the map selected in Settings?

Did you update the BaseCamp map at the same time or is it still using the older map.

Certainly is a weird one that I've not come across before.
burtsr
United States of America

Post by burtsr »

sussamb wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:44 am What address IS displaying? Have you allowed the unit to get a satellite lock? Is the map selected in Settings?

It is not a current waypoint address, but at one time it was.

Did you update the BaseCamp map at the same time or is it still using the older map.

Most recent version (both on Mac and PC)

Certainly is a weird one that I've not come across before.

Yep, has me totality baffled.
Went to my backups. I have backup of my back ups. Started working backwards loading them one at a time. Finally one almost a year old loaded and displayed correctly. I guess I must have had a corrupted waypoint someplace. I lost some data but not a lot. MAKE BACKUPS PEOPLE!!!!!

I also noticed that I was around 500 waypoints. I think that is the 665's limit, so I've move about 100 to a 'not used 'list that I don't load. That might have had something to do with it. But anyway, now things are displaying correctly.
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Well done on resolving it :)