Harley Davidson branded Zumo 590

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
biz
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Re: Harley Davidson branded Zumo 590

Post by biz »

Les049 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:48 pm Ah I wondered what that tone was before I received a direction instruction in my ear piece !!

Thanks for that, I do like the unit despite it not having the TPMS which I still cant help but think why they would remove it !!

I have asked Garmin if they are able to reprogram the unit back to a 590 configuration but tbh I'm not holding my breath. After all I'm still officially waiting for them to resolve the "missing " TPMS App !!
Might be worth trying the 595 firmware upgrade yourself (I take no responsibility if it goes wrong though, LOL!) - I (and lots of others) have used the 595 firmware to upgrade a 590. Works well. What would be interesting is if that worked, gave you TPMS, and still sent the tone! (My dream configuration!)
mzeist
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 31 times
Netherlands

Post by mzeist »

Happy user of the 595 firmware on a previously 590 device. Beware that the device will not work in portrait mode though, only landscape.
Groet, Marcel.
ST1300 - Etrex Vista, 60CS, Co300, SPIII, SP2610, Nuvi760, Zumo660, Or650, Nuvi3590, Zumo590/5, Zumo XT
Les049
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Post by Les049 »

Might be worth trying the 595 firmware upgrade yourself (I take no responsibility if it goes wrong though, LOL!) - I (and lots of others) have used the 595 firmware to upgrade a 590. Works well. What would be interesting is if that worked, gave you TPMS, and still sent the tone! (My dream configuration!)
[/quote]

That sounds almost too good to be true !!

Now how do I get the firmware upgrade from??
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 213 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Les049 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:40 pm Might be worth trying the 595 firmware upgrade yourself (I take no responsibility if it goes wrong though, LOL!) - I (and lots of others) have used the 595 firmware to upgrade a 590. Works well. What would be interesting is if that worked, gave you TPMS, and still sent the tone! (My dream configuration!)
That sounds almost too good to be true !!

Now how do I get the firmware upgrade from??
[/quote]

http://forum.gps-expert.nl/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1540

I did it on mine but went back to the 590 software for some reason or another :?
biz
Great Britain

Post by biz »

If you do give the 595 upgrade a try, let us know if it works, if it adds the TPMS, and if you still get the tone! :D

Oh, and for what it's worth, don't worry about losing the HD dealer database - it can be loaded on any 590/595. It's here:

https://www8.garmin.com/support/downloa ... sp?id=5067
Les049
Great Britain

Post by Les049 »

Thanks Biz,

Always good to know ! I have looked on the website myself and searched for ages and was unable to find this ! so thanks !!

Cheers

Les
Les049
Great Britain

Post by Les049 »

HAPPY AS A PIG IN SH*T....

So after my endeavours with the HD branded Road Tech version of the 590 everything (so far) has worked out alright.

As you know I was bitterly disappointed to find that despite being advised that the HD unit had the TPMS App loaded when I unpackaged it I found it was missing from its App store. A kind forum user brought to my attention a page that wasn't visible in my EHandbook that stated the App was not available on the rebranded units which are used by BMW/CanAm/Ducati/HD.

Someone suggested trying to upgrade the unit to a 595, well i'm not very technical to say the least but was directed to a dutch website -

http://forum.gps-expert.nl/

This for those of you who have not visited it is a great site full of information.

I also found - http://gawisp.com/perry/zumo/

Which has all the units program downloads/updates.

So armed with this I set about upgrading my HD Road tech to a 595. Instructions took some getting my head around but it worked.

The 595 software has overwritten the 590 and has retained the HD installed dealership location files. Now the HD units emits a beep before voice nav instructions in order to tell the HD Infotainment system to mute, although I dont need this function I will be interested to see if this is retained.

After all this I now have the elusive TPMS App which has now been set up ready to try out.

Big thanks to all those who offered advice on this subject.
biz
Great Britain

Post by biz »

Les049 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:19 am
The 595 software has overwritten the 590 and has retained the HD installed dealership location files. Now the HD units emits a beep before voice nav instructions in order to tell the HD Infotainment system to mute, although I dont need this function I will be interested to see if this is retained.

After all this I now have the elusive TPMS App which has now been set up ready to try out.

Big thanks to all those who offered advice on this subject.
Excellent news, Les. Please let us know if the TPMS app works happily!

I *DO* need the HD beep enabled, but don't have it - fancy a swap? LOL!
Les049
Great Britain

Post by Les049 »

Right so the converted HD 590 now works well as a 595.

Although the Tone has been lost so no good for HD Infotainment System :(

The HD stealership location has been retained in the Map section.

Now i only need to master Spotify !!!
biz
Great Britain

Post by biz »

Les049 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:45 pm Although the Tone has been lost so no good for HD Infotainment System :(
Shame!